1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

For CAMCO..et al...WW2 TL-29? USAEC??

Discussion in 'Camillus Collector's Forum' started by Codfather, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Codfather

Codfather

Jan 14, 2001
    Any help IDING this to WW2 manufacture is appreciated..Someone scratched in "USAEC"??
    US Army Electrical??? $12.00 in New London, CT
    US Army Environmental Command??? 1970's?
    US Atomic Energy Commission?

CAMILLUS
    _________....on blade
    NEW YORK

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
  2. sac troop

sac troop

Mar 4, 2009
    Question. When the main blade is opened to about 90%. Do you see USA under the New York?

3. Codfather

Codfather

Jan 14, 2001
    Yes.."USA" is underneath New York, I only saw it with glass, and oil

4. Codfather

Codfather

Jan 14, 2001
    Yes..."USA" is underneath New York

5. sac troop

sac troop

Mar 4, 2009
    Certainly there are a lot of people on this forum who can speak to this better than I can. But I'm not that shy when it comes to sticking my foot in my mouth.
    Mostly because the scales look like a non-wood material and I don't see a (TL-29) stamped into the scales. I'm thinking that it's likely that the knife is post WW2.
    I'm not aware of a two line stamping of just CAMILLUS/NEW YORK. So I'm thinking that the third line of USA is just hidden from view (I see where you answered this while I was typing this up the first time). It's been said in the past that the 3 line stamp is defiantly post WW2. However I've heard from some who I respect that the 3-line tang stamp showed up even before January of 1945.
    Would someone here have any good idea's about that?

6. Vit_213

Vit_213

Feb 4, 2011
    Plastic handles appeared in the 50's. Before that there were wooden.