1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

FOR SALE: Another bowie-barong hybrid

Discussion in 'Bensinger Handforged Knives' started by J W Bensinger, Nov 15, 2016.

1. J W Bensinger

J W Bensinger KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 26, 2009
    This one is more Bowie and less barong than the last one-full distalled, differential hardened 80CrV2 with canvas micarta. Forged from 1/4" stock, 9"+ cutting edge and 10+ reach.
    I can supply a tek lok, g-clip or fit the sheath with a belt stud for a lil' bit more.
    $390 shipped CONUS+2, PP fees included
    Thanks for looking
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. madcap_magician

madcap_magician Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 27, 2005
    I really like this design, but I'm kind of curious why you chose such a long ricasso with a choil.

3. J W Bensinger

J W Bensinger KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 26, 2009
    I wanted to do something that allowed you to choke up on it and do it in such a way that the balance dropped back solidly into your hand when you did, and left it noseheavy in the long grip for hard strikes. It took me a while to get used to the look but it works very well.
    I'm happy to make 'em with less choil, or none at all depending on what's desired
    EDIT: this is the very first of the breed-it's quite a bit more pronounced
    [​IMG]
    And this is what the "barongier" hybrids look like
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 15, 2016