1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.
  3. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

FOR SALE: Hex bit Strider Spanners

Discussion in 'For Sale: Gadgets & Gear' started by PSD, Mar 11, 2009.

1. PSD

PSD

Jun 9, 2007
    The new Strider spanners are finally done. Made from hardened and double tempered S7 tool steel. These fit into any ¼" bit screwdriver. My centering pin design keeps the spanner from slipping out and scratching the knife scale. These are designed for function, not for show, and work GREAT! These have received rave reviews elsewhere and now available on BFC. I designed this for the SnG but it fits all full size Strider pivots (SnG, SMF, AR, RCC, GB, XL etc.) wont fit the Hinderer XM 18 (or XM 24) pivot or the small PT Strider.

Please EMAIL to order one, no need to post here or PM, this works best for me and I will sell them in order of date emails received. Price is $25 + $2 shipping in USA. These are shipped U.S. Postal Service with Delivery Confirmation. Contact me for shipping outside USA. I can accept PayPal if you have a PayPal CONFIRMED address. (No additional PayPal fees). I also accept (and prefer) Postal Money Orders (available at any U.S. Post Office). Email for M.O. mailing address, Thanks
    UPDATE: I now also have a nicer "deluxe" version of this tool, scroll down page a little for pix and info. I also have a double ended spanner key wrench that fits Strider and Hinderer *HERE*

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 24, 2009
  2. SharpByCoop

SharpByCoop Enjoying the discussions Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 8, 2001
    Brilliant tool. Good luck!

Coop

3. spiralarchitect

spiralarchitect

Apr 29, 2007
    I just got one of these. All I can say is, brilliant tool, executed very well in great materials.:thumbup:

4. PSD

PSD

Jun 9, 2007
    I now have a newer version of this tool available. This spanner is same as the other one except for the following upgrades:
    * Made from hardened and twice tempered 440C stainless blade steel.
    * Has an easily removable split ring so you can carry it on a keychain.
    * Has a T-10 torx tip on the end of the centering pin.

These 'deluxe' tools are $32 each + $2 for shipping. Shipping price is per package, not per tool, so if you ordered 2 of these shipping would still be $2 total. (The 'economy' version is still available for $25 + $2 shipping)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 23, 2009
  5. Ruff Cobb

Ruff Cobb

Mar 20, 2006
    emailed your attached address, would like to order this item. Ruff Cobb

6. Ritt

Ritt Gold Member Gold Member

May 17, 2004
    Got mine in the mail yesterday. Excellent tool, finished extremely well.

7. Infi-del

Infi-del

Apr 6, 2009
    Recieved one of the Deluxe models yesterday for my AR. This may be the nicest bit for a bit driver that I've never handled. A lot of attention and time went into these things. Worked like a charm and is a must if you own a Strider folder.

8. rourtex23

rourtex23

Jul 21, 2009
    message sent id like to purchase one

9. batalarms

batalarms

Apr 4, 2005
    I need a spanner tool for a Gen 1 Strider SMF.I've heard they are a slightly different size than the newer ones.Thanks.

10. SteelSnob

SteelSnob

Sep 7, 2009
    Do you make any that will fit the gen3 3" blade xm18s?

11. PSD

PSD

Jun 9, 2007
    I make a tool that fits the standard Hinderer HERE
    THANKS

12. usfpaul82

usfpaul82 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 4, 2010
    hello. Do you make one to fit the strider PT?

13. PSD

PSD

Jun 9, 2007
    No, never made a tool for the PT. I think you can use a regular screwdriver though. Thanks

14. noway

noway

Jan 13, 2007
    When using this tool, do you need to insert a hex key on the opposite side too?

Last edited: Dec 21, 2010
  15. blacksheep25

blacksheep25 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 16, 2009
    IIRC, the non-hex side (with the flat tip screwdriver opening) is splined into the G-10; so only a hex drive is required (except for the new 3 hole pivot).

Yes. I usually use the PSD tool to hold that side and turn the hex drive side.

16. PSD

PSD

Jun 9, 2007
    Bump: Just wanted to let people know that these were sold out for a while but I have a new batch of deluxe spanner tools done and ready to ship, Thanks

17. PSD

PSD

Jun 9, 2007
    Bump: These have been sold out for a while but I just mailed out new ones to Monkey Edge and Blade HQ. Thanks

18. Gritter

Gritter

May 30, 2009
    Very nice! Do you happen to know what size Torx to fit the Hinderer LockBar Stabilizer bolt on a Strider SMF? I'm going to go with T7.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2012
  19. PSD

PSD

Jun 9, 2007
    No sorry, I dont currently have one so cant measure. The torx on body screws is T-10.