1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

For Show: Multibar Integral Fighter.

Discussion in 'Promethean Knives by Salem Straub' started by Salem Straub, Mar 9, 2017.

1. Salem Straub

Salem Straub KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 20, 2008
    Here’s my latest, a recurve fighter/bowie with 12” blade and overall length of about 17”. It is a second iteration of the last integral kukri I built.

The blade has got a tall hollow grind, and is pretty light and fast for its size… balance point is about 1.5 inches before the guard. The clip grind aids in this.

The construction is full integral, with the blade and guard in 6 bar explosion pattern weld. The handle is sculpted G10. A piece of steel, a handle block, and a pin- pretty simple knife.

Here’s some pics and a vid, you don’t have to enjoy it but I hope you will! Thanks for looking.

[youtube]gURrbobpAhA[/youtube]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. S.Alexander

S.Alexander KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 7, 2013
    That's fantastic Salem. I love the steel pattern.

The knife has a very unique shape, and is clearly a Promethean knife

3. yqlwolf

yqlwolf

Jun 13, 2013
    Hello,maybe for the Facebook,I cannot see all of your pics

4. MeatRobot

MeatRobot

Sep 22, 2012
    Wow that is a crazy level of craftsmanship. Truly a skilled bladesmith!