Important Info! Forum software should now automatically redirect from "old" to "new" URLs automatically

Spark

HPIC - Hatas gonna Hate
Staff member
Administrator
Super Mod
Hey guys! I know a bunch of you had frustration with
  • having your bookmarks not working, and
  • threads from prior to the switchover having broken links
but I think that's resolved now! Please let me know if there are still issues.

My old bookmarks worked fine within a day of the switch over - lucky me.

FYI - One thing I've noticed though is (as recently as last night) searching for general info on the google that when I click on some BF links from a few years ago or earlier, these now come up blank. BF archives seem to be lost. That's too bad if it can't be fixed, though I was not surprised.

Ray

EDIT - I just went back and tried this again. Every link I clicked on this morning (the oldest from 2006) was back! :cool:

SO - NEVER MIND :D

Last edited:
Such as? The more information you can provide the better I can get that stuff resolved

Such as? The more information you can provide the better I can get that stuff resolved
ill have to try it later on my mobile, im not getting the issue on desktop at all and im pretty busy atm.

Today I've accessed multiple threads from google searches ranging back to 2011 and they all functioned perfectly.

Ok, so it's links to specific posts that are having issues.

Ok, noted, will see what I can do

Ok, noted, will see what I can do

Spark:

I know you're aware of the problem and are working it but I just wanted to give you some hopefully helpful feedback in case you think it's been fixed.

http://www.bladeforums.com/threads/links-to-jackknifes-tales-with-thanks-to-stockman242.598362/

In the above thread the first 5 links in post #1 work as they should but all the rest just give me an "error" message. All the additional links in post #2 seem to work as they should. I'm not real computer savvy but I don't know how some would work after the conversion and some wouldn't. Seems like it would be all or none.

Again, not trying to be a nuisance. Just some feedback.

Cheers

Back