1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Frank Buster Cutlery Co.

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by rprocter, Feb 10, 2008.

1. rprocter

rprocter Banned BANNED

Jan 19, 2007
    here are 5 knives with the above tang stamp. i like these early Fight'n Roosters.
    200 Years of That Great American Spirit #329
    [​IMG]
    Country Gentleman #208
    [​IMG]
    The Southern Belle #207
    [​IMG]
    Fancy Lady(1981)
    [​IMG]
    Founders International Fight'n Rooster Cutlery Club(1982) LB Whittler #360
    [​IMG]

anyone else have some of these early F'nRs to show ? roland

2. sunburst

sunburst

Dec 4, 2005
    Those are great Roland, I have always enjoyed the creativity and scales that Frank Buster used on his knives...

Here is a pretty early "Kicken Chicken", notice that all it says is Solingen Germany..

[​IMG]

3. rprocter

rprocter Banned BANNED

Jan 19, 2007
    Sunburst, would your F'nR be one of the very early ones ? i.e. were there a few runs before tang was stamped Frank Buster Cutlry Co. ? roland

4. sunburst

sunburst

Dec 4, 2005
    It is my understanding that the Roosters that read 'Solingen Germany' on the front tang are some of the first Fight'n Roosters made.

Every time I get rid of my Roosters I find myself picking up another one...I just always find one that is unique and catches my interest.

Thanks,

Sunburst

5. rprocter

rprocter Banned BANNED

Jan 19, 2007
  6. sunburst

sunburst

Dec 4, 2005
    I think you are dead on Roland, that has to be the exact same tang stamp....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. wade carty

wade carty

Feb 10, 2008
    very fine looking knives.ihear frank buster is retired? Thank You!

8. kjbenner

kjbenner

Aug 23, 2005
    What is the multicolored scale material on the knives in pictures 1 , 3, and 4?

9. rprocter

rprocter Banned BANNED

Jan 19, 2007
    the name of the multicolored scales is "Christmas Tree"; a celluloid material ( may be unstable) which has a mixture of glitter green, red, yellow and silver. some of the early Buck Creek Indian Head stock knives had Christmas Tree with fish scales imbedded. those knives were made in the '70s but from an old cache of celluloid material made before WWII. those and the F'nRs are the only ones i know of with these type of scales. roland

10. IVANKERLEY

IVANKERLEY

May 30, 2007
    i believe ive read on here the christmas tree cell is affectionatly called Robot puke:D
    Beautiful knives guys
    ivan