French traditionnal knives

Some more beautiful and quite recent french knives to get the afficionados drooling:

Quite a nice recent french knife is "L'arconsat", a small cutlery who baptise their elegant creation with the name of the village. Actually, this concept of several regional french knives is for a large part a marketing gimmick, in my opinion, but who cares when the knives are as pretty and still classic as this one. Handle is ram horn, blade dependable 12C27:

80013_maxi_1dsc00127.jpg

I don't have one yet but I was tempted when i saw them at a local knife show (in the end I bought a nice Belgian custom) .

Hey Dagon. Did you go to the Gembloux knifeshow by any chance?

The "L'Arconsats" are very nice knives! I got 3 of them, with wood handles:

IMG_0275.jpg

I also have 2 "Le Camarguais":

IMG_0562.jpg

Kind regards,

Jos

Dagon: I think it was the Goyon Chazeau oyster knife. Though I think I've seen a Breton fishing knife with a curved handle.

Hey Dagon. Did you go to the Gembloux knifeshow by any chance?

Yes indeed, and I saw the Arconsat knives there. I didn't buy one (yet) but I loved them immediately. Otherwise, the knives that impressed me most were Rockstead (but too expensive!), the work of the Finnish master Hankala, the elegant knives of Stéphanie Mottais (but the one that I liked most was only available in a carbon steel version, the stainless one was sold), and the modern designs by Filip from the CustomBladeworks site where I bought my first custom from.

Last edited:
Back