1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Friction folder update

Discussion in 'Shop Talk - BladeSmith Questions and Answers' started by DCL Knives, Sep 2, 2012.

1. DCL Knives

DCL Knives KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jun 6, 2012
    This guys coming along nicely! Messed up a few times, but here she is. Tell me what you think so far, thinking about doing a batch of 10 or so, so would like to here what you think. Any question feel free to ask! I think this one is getting a chisel gring tommorow.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 2, 2012
  2. fast14riot

fast14riot Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 27, 2010
    Lookin good so far! First try to make two alike then three before shooting for 10, that's the hardest part. But it is very good practice, make one thing a bunch and you will get good at it quick.

-Xander

3. DCL Knives

DCL Knives KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jun 6, 2012
    Worked on it a little more this morning... Coming along nicely!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Stacy E. Apelt - Bladesmith

Stacy E. Apelt - Bladesmith ilmarinen - MODERATOR Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 20, 2004
    I would suggest using a counter-bore and insetting the screw heads.

5. DCL Knives

Jun 6, 2012
    Thanks I will, I still got to grind the pins to the right size. This one still needs a lot of work but I will keep you guys updated with how it goes. Thanks!