Future of the Ruger Mini-14?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I thought that it might be on the endangered species list when I read the summary of Feinstein's bill -- it looked like she was going to specifically target it, along with the M1A and the M1 carbine. But now I'm hearing that here bill may be scaled back, and it is unclear whether Obama's proposal will target it (although I'm having a hard time figuring out exactly how he wants to define "assault weapon").

Anyway, I thought that I would tap into the amazing resource of all of your knowledge and brilliance to see if anyone had any thoughts or predictions.

I've always wanted one but put the AR higher on the list, so I haven't gotten around to picking one up. And right now they cost way too much.

Has anything been announced today?
I would expect that they would WANT to eliminate the Mini-14 along with a lot of stuff, unless they decide to scale back to what they think they can get passed.

Well based on my reading of articles (of course by people who probably have no idea what they are talking about), it sounds like he wants to target rifles with detachable mags that have one of the military style features. That would not capture the Mini-14 -- at least not the ones that don't have pistol grips, folding stocks, muzzle devices, etc.

Another related question is if they are going to try to get around the bullet-button solution.

Of course, I should say that I assume that the 30-round mags for mini-14s will be a thing of the past. That is how it is in my state already, so I wasn't really focused on that.

My Mini 14 is resting quietly with no worries! :D I guess my Mosin Nagant 9130 is safe as well! LOL!

Almost anything you can discuss on weapons these days is political.

All political discussion belongs in the Political Arena.
You will need a paid membership to post there.

Neither Community Center or Current Events is Politics Lite so I am closing the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back