Galley-Wag!

JK Knives

Here it is all done but for the hand sanding and sheath! I hope you like this one as much as I enjoyed making it.

Specs:
9 3/4" overall
5" blade
1/16" thick O1
Ebony handles
Brass pins

034-1.jpg

It`s so humid today that my lense kept fogging up!

031-2.jpg

I should mention that if anyone wants one, I kept the pattern. This one has Connie`s endorsement, she wants me to make her one!

That turned out beautiful!

It will look good next to it's big brother - which shares the same scale material and rivit configuration. :^)

Would this be a good knife for a Truck Driver to carry around?

best

mqqn

That looks perfect. I like everything about it.

That turned out beautiful!

It will look good next to it's big brother - which shares the same scale material and rivit configuration. :^)

Would this be a good knife for a Truck Driver to carry around?

best

mqqn

I think it would be perfect for a Truck Driver to carry around!

Last edited:
Wait, I think that you made this left handed afterall. The K is on the other side!

May as well make a lefty sheath and send it to its rightful designer.

best

mqqn

Are you? Did you? What the?
:eek:

mqqn is one hell of a friend. :thumbup: This was fun! I posted a pic on Facebook too.

mqqn is one hell of a friend. :thumbup: This was fun! I posted a pic on Facebook too.

Yes he is. I'm speechless. I need to hit the road right now. Hopefully later I will get my heart started and engage my brain again.:eek:

happy 2012 protourist, :thumbup:thumpups and kudos to mqqn and JK for a well perpetrated prank and fantastic gift!:)

that is a finnnne looking knife!

Yes he is. I'm speechless. I need to hit the road right now. Hopefully later I will get my heart started and engage my brain again.:eek:

Hi Mack - it has been a lot of fun - sure beats the old "post here and I'll draw a number" giveaway! Several of the guys on this forum were in on it - and some of them even offered to pitch in!

I hope this helps make your current problems a little easier to handle (even if the handle is on the wrong end :p )

I gotta wonder what you were thinking - you were very polite when I was insisting that this was my own original design. Glad you are so easy going......

Thanks to John and the rest of the crew who made this fun to prank Mack -

best

mqqn

Last edited:
I gotta wonder what you were thinking - you were very polite when I was insiting that this was my own original design. Glad you are so easy going......

That design did not look um "original"! :)

Very cool of you guys!

WOW!!! What a beautiful knife! I love the lines, a work of art. You guys are so cool! Great conspiracy! You have deeply affected Mack. Since I will get it before he does, he may just have to figure out where I hid it!! Did I mention that I am an aspiring knife tester?? What a wonderful effort you have put forth. When Mack comes home, we plan on trout fishing, which we haven't gotten to do in years. The GallyWag will accompany us, for sure!! We will take pics! I just don't know when Mack can come home, but will keep you posted. Thank YOU!!! All of you!
SWMBO on the Alsea River

I should mention that if anyone wants one, I kept the pattern. This one has Connie`s endorsement, she wants me to make her one!

Yea - I am afraid I will have one for me - with three pins and snakewood, and of course I want the handle on the RIGHT side.

WOW!!! What a beautiful knife! I love the lines, a work of art. You guys are so cool! Great conspiracy! You have deeply affected Mack. Since I will get it before he does, he may just have to figure out where I hid it!! Did I mention that I am an aspiring knife tester?? What a wonderful effort you have put forth. When Mack comes home, we plan on trout fishing, which we haven't gotten to do in years. The GallyWag will accompany us, for sure!! We will take pics! I just don't know when Mack can come home, but will keep you posted. Thank YOU!!! All of you!
SWMBO on the Alsea River

I am happy that you and Mack are happy - it was really fun for John and I - we were emailing back and forth like gradeschooler after we would put up a new post.

John really deserves all the credit - he had all the specs that Mack had talked about, and he was able to bring this to life in a big way!

best

mqqn

You guys are unbelievable. I am truly humbled and honored to have such great friends.
I am rarely speechless but today I am.

Hey Mykel - remember- Mack's was LEFT handed ......

clint_yes.gif

best

mqqn

Back