1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

GARTHOG GANZAA Pics Here

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by TheMtnMan, May 25, 2017.

1. Sethrotull

Sethrotull

Jun 4, 2009
    There were many more than eight available.

2. AZTimT

AZTimT KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 15, 2009
    Good to know. :) So then who knows?

3. TheMtnMan

TheMtnMan Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2015
    Not to mention We"ll never know how many buyers were involved lol

4. lex2006

lex2006 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 20, 2014
    I have 2 on the way , box has been sitting at Toronto custom office for a week now . Honestly thought they would get here this week but not now
    I love that corncob congrats it's just way cool looking

5. JohnTheTexican

JohnTheTexican Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 1, 2006
    Love that corn cob. Who'd have thought it would make such a good handle material?

6. JohnTheTexican

JohnTheTexican Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 1, 2006
    I got 4, and none of them were in the pic of 8. I'd guess the chances of getting the corn cob were liss than 1%.

7. honorearth

honorearth KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 29, 2016
    The corn cob i got was the same as in the picture of the 8. Not sure maybe there was only one

8. AZTimT

AZTimT KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 15, 2009
    Good to see the grab bag idea was not just a one time thing. Fun times!

9. Mumbojumboo

Mumbojumboo

Dec 20, 2010
    $400 bucks for 4 knives! Come on that can't be beat!

[​IMG]mumbo scrap 511 fortest green by mumbojumboo, on Flickr

Never really thought much of the 511 but because of the Mud Mutt but I like it! They are similar but the 511 is a clippier point.

[​IMG]mumbo scrapy yard mud mud mutt_511 forest green by mumbojumboo, on Flick

Total sucker for green blades. The forest green is my new favorite. The texture reminds of sage but dark green. Not as thick and bumpy as moss.

[​IMG]mumbo scrapyard chop house moss_ scrapyard 511 forest green_ BB13 Moss by mumbojumboo, on Flickr

Edit: Wife says, "It looks just like that other green black handle knife."

Me, "What?"
    Oh yeah, Scrap skinner. You know you have too many knives when you don't remember them all.

[​IMG]mumbo scrap skinner moss_ 511 forest green by mumbojumboo, on Flickr

Last edited: Jun 3, 2017
    China_Cat_Sunflower likes this.
  10. MattinLA

MattinLA

May 31, 2006
    Congrats on the knives! Is Denny still sending then really sharp? He's been the best IMHO

rcb2000 and Mumbojumboo like this.
  11. Mumbojumboo

Mumbojumboo

Dec 20, 2010
    Yup, Denny. Dudes got skills!!

12. China_Cat_Sunflower

China_Cat_Sunflower

Apr 9, 2016
    I also bot two of the 511's in the garthoganza(along with two boss jacks hehe) also, i went through about half of my knives the other day and i was surprised that i have 4 chop house thick cuts and 4 SHBM's lol it's easy to get carried away with busse/kin!!!

Mumbojumboo likes this.
  13. TheMtnMan

Feb 11, 2015
    Finaly My Ganzaa Steak Knife showed up.
    And OMG... im not sure what the Odds are, but I got Excactly what I wished for, All wooden handle (not Grexed) and With RED LINERS lol Just Perfect
    Thanks Busse Crew.
    (P.S.
    Still trying to figure out to post pics)

14. duramax

duramax KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 29, 2012
    That's awesome !!! Congrats !!!

For pics I've been using my phone. I take the pic, then I screen shot the pic. Come onto forum and I start my reply. Then click on upload a file ( middle blue box ) select source of pic ( phone, screen shot ) then you'll see select size, full image.
    Then click post reply

todd6691 likes this.
  15. TheMtnMan

Feb 11, 2015
    20170605_184958.jpg 20170605_184950.jpg Finaly figured out how to post my Score Pic

Ian80, ExtraBaconPlease and DaKruiser like this.
  16. DamascusBowie

DamascusBowie Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 20, 2016
  17. AZTimT

Oct 15, 2009
    I was happy to finally be able to use my shop credit 1311 for a sweet replacement! Forest Green is great!
    Indoor shot does not do it justice...
    [​IMG]

This outside shot is much more accurate.
    [​IMG]

The two most efficient Busse choppers I have ever used.
    BB13cg Moss Green with 1311 Forest Green
    [​IMG]

GregB likes this.
  18. TheMtnMan

Feb 11, 2015
    I know what you mean, "by not flashy" but this pic doesnt do it justice. Ive never seen this kind of wood, it almost has some speckles in it, and nice and Heavy ish lol

19. DaKruiser

DaKruiser Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 9, 2011
  20. Bullitt196

Bullitt196

Sep 27, 2006
    [​IMG]

KXAL likes this.