1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

GEC Annual RendeZvous

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by bwperdue, May 18, 2013.

1. bwperdue

bwperdue Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2007
    [​IMG]

Who's going?

Last edited: May 21, 2013
  2. roseskunk

roseskunk

Nov 2, 2008
    I'm definitely getting to Titusville again this year, and with luck, it'll be during the rendezvous. I love PA, my family was from near there, so there are a lot of good memories in those hills...

3. rma100

rma100

Nov 12, 2011
  4. pertinux

pertinux Platinum Member Platinum Member

Feb 1, 2012
    I hope to be there Friday and Saturday.

~ P.

5. bwperdue

bwperdue Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2007
    I'll be there whatever day looks like having the best chance to meet the most of yinz.

6. Parke1

Parke1

Feb 11, 2003
    I'll be there later on in the day on Friday and most of Saturday.
    -Dan

7. waynorth

waynorth Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Nov 19, 2005
    Friday and Saturday for me! Hope to see you all at GEC!!

8. burnside

burnside

May 30, 2012
    Sounds like it might be fun. I might have to plan a road trip to check this out!

9. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    This looks like it'll be great fun, and nice of GEC to do it. It's a bit far for me unfortunately - and someone has to check out all those small Yorkshire towns - but hope you all have a fantastic time :)

Jack

10. SweptEdge

SweptEdge

Jan 25, 2013
    That sounds like fun! I hope to meet you all there one day :)

11. rma100

rma100

Nov 12, 2011
    Most of Friday and Saturday morning.

12. panzertroop

panzertroop Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Never been but would like to go. What exactly is that happens during the weekend? Thanks!

13. Parke1

Parke1

Feb 11, 2003
    As it was explained to me, basically GEC hosts a little party with food and drinks, opens up for factory tours, and normally has a special knife for sale just at the rendezvous!

14. panzertroop

Aug 8, 2008
    I am there!

15. puukkoman

puukkoman

Sep 30, 2004
    Gosh! Google maps says it's a 6-hour drive from Philly... I would love to say "Yes! I'll be there!" ...but honestly, I'm not sure I'll have it in me, especially with the way my side job picks up in the summer time.
    We shall see...
    Hope everyone has fun! :)

16. jkulysses

jkulysses Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 8, 2010
    I wish! Maybe next year but no way it's going to happen this year.

17. burnside

burnside

May 30, 2012
    Special knife just for the rendezvous? A road trip is looking even more promising now!

18. rma100

rma100

Nov 12, 2011
    Usually the Special Knife is a 30 piece run with only 10 pieces released each day of the Rendezvous. But that could change I guess? Two years ago the Special Knife was the first release of the Whaler. Smooth Ivory Bone Handles with a Whale Scrimshawed on one side, and a Sailing Ship Scrimshawed on the other side. People stood in line just for the knife. They were on EBay even before the end of the Rendezvous. Last year the Special Knife was a Set. 42 Trader and Trapper with Black Walnut Handles. They had some sets left over after the Rendezvous. This year ????

19. panzertroop

Aug 8, 2008
    Are there vendors set-up like at a knife show. Or is it only GEC selling?

20. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    That's a shame isn't it? :( Does anyone have a pic of the Whaler, sounds real special? Having a limited run knife for the RV is a lovely idea :)