1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

GEC Bullnose Redneck has landed.

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by trevytrev, Jul 12, 2012.

1. trevytrev

trevytrev

May 4, 2010
    So I received my two Orange Bullnose Rednecks today from Collectors Knives.net and they great! I thought I would post up a pic with the old orange version(test run) and black production version to show the differences. The obvious difference is that they are now stamped redneck on the pivot pin and the stamp on the blade now says Redneck Farm Tool instead Great Eastern Cutlery. They seems to be a bit more finished and refined than the older versions, no gaps at the pivot and the lanyard holes are much more refined. Also, they have thickened the scales up a bit as you can see in the comparison pics, subtle but noticeable. I'm very happy with these and now have an orange user to throw in the mix with my black one. Now I cant wait to see what handle material they will release next!:D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. avoidspam

avoidspam

Jul 2, 2011
    Having got a black one i was curious to see how the new one compared. Thanks for the pic's:)

Sam

3. Lycosa

Lycosa

Aug 24, 2007
    NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE!!!
    can i have it? :)

4. Modoc ED

Modoc ED Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 28, 2010
    Very nice. My two came today as well. As you said about your's, they are well built and will make great work knives.

Edit: Here's a picture of one of mine I got today if you don't mind Trev.

[​IMG]

It'll be a stick it in the ground (or anything else for that matter) scratcher-upper for sure.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2015
  5. trevytrev

trevytrev

May 4, 2010
    Definitely great work knives, my black was has been my work horse as of late getting lots of pocket time. Imo, it's one of the top sodbusters out there right now.

Rolf, I can point you in the right direction but you may want to keep your money for when I find you a red soddie:D

6. biglmbass

biglmbass

Jan 26, 2005
    How much thicker is the handle on the new one? 1/8 or inch or so?

7. trevytrev

trevytrev

May 4, 2010
    I measured just over 1/16 thicker

8. Lycosa

Lycosa

Aug 24, 2007
    Trev- lol! You are correct. I wait... for the RED.

9. comoha

comoha

Jan 12, 2006
    Got mine in the mailbox Monday. LOVE those vibrant, thick orange scales! A real winner!

10. Lycosa

Lycosa

Aug 24, 2007
    Congratz! ^

11. Knife Crazied

Knife Crazied

Apr 17, 2009
    Darn you guys!

Sent from Ash forum mobile

12. surlyman

surlyman

Aug 18, 2009
    Thanks for the pics. According to tracking, mine is coming tomorrow, but I am leaving early for a six day fishing trip. I guess I will have to wait for a week to check it out.

13. mqqn

mqqn Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 12, 2009
    Nice pics Trev - and good pickup!

I watched those being made on the GEC "what's happening today" picture posts -

Enjoy!

best

mqqn

14. Jerry D.

Jerry D. Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 17, 2008
    Mine was waiting for me today as well. This was my first GEC and it did not disappoint. It feels great in the hand and I appreciate the lanyard hole. I see it getting a lot of pocket time.

As you see, it's on the dresser ready for work tomorrow.
    [​IMG]
    Sorry for the terrible phone picture, but I figured that it was better than no picture.

15. Ossa1970

Ossa1970

Nov 5, 2006
    Mine also arrived today. I don't have any of the earlier versions, but here it is compared to a few Case Sodbusters I have.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. neeman

neeman Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 5, 2007
    I have one on black
    I like the wide blade and a pointer point
    And the steel is superb

17. Modoc ED

Mar 28, 2010
    I passed on the black one. Should have got a couple of them when I had the chance.

I wonder if Blue delrin such as on this Case Workman Series Sod Buster will appear on a GEC Bullnose Red Neck in the future?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 27, 2015
  18. trevytrev

trevytrev

May 4, 2010
    I'm game for whatever else they come out with. I would love to see yellow and some sort of Stag or Bone.

19. Modoc ED

Mar 28, 2010
    I'd like to see bone or stag too but that would add a pretty good chunk to the price.

20. BRL

BRL

Apr 27, 2011
    I remember a post that natural delrin was the same price point as the black. I'd be all over one of those.