GEC Bullnose Redneck has landed.

Mike at collectorknives still has them. Just jumped over there and looked. They are on page 5 of the Great Eastern section. Better hurry though.

No problem on the knife in hand pics, glad they could help people out.

Matteo, it appears that he may have sold out, shoot Mike at Collectorsknives.net an email and he will be able to give you some info on restock. These knives are also being sold through other GEC distributors as well, you can check GEC's website.

They just moved to page 5; but only have a handful left. They made around 150 and the factory has zero left and they are not back on the schedule at this time. Talked to Bill and the current plan is still just the orange model.

I placed my order. I just could not resist. This will be my 2nd knife from GEC. My other is a#62, and I absolutely love that pattern.

Thank you fellas. I've been waiting for the perfect "Sod Buster" styled knife, and this looks like the one to beat them all. It's going straight into my pocket and put to work.

I placed my order. I just could not resist.

I ordered one on Monday too. I might have to wait a while before using it though; the sudden humidity here is causing serious havoc on my carbon steel knives. I've got a Conductor in buffalo horn (no bail, coping secondary) on the way too, but it's in 440C.

Ha! You're one to talk....

Ed J

I am as I'm been just selling off all my collection. I've sold off almost every thing I own. I continue to piece thru it week by week. As for this GEC I've been watching it on a few places but I just can't afford to pull the trigger. Plus I've found about what I need at this time I believe. Trying to live like my pal Carl. Just the things needed...... Its working ok. :thumbup:

Sent from Ash forum mobile

Aww man! I'm sooooo bummed I missed out on these! Any thoughts on where I may be able to find one? This is THE slipjoint I've been looking for!

Would love to get my hands on one before I move out of the country for a while...open to any suggestions you may have :)

Aww man! I'm sooooo bummed I missed out on these! Any thoughts on where I may be able to find one? This is THE slipjoint I've been looking for!

Would love to get my hands on one before I move out of the country for a while...open to any suggestions you may have :)

Here is a list of GEC distributors, probably a good place to start.

I found ONE in stock that I just ordered. Will be great to compare it to my other Sodbusters I have.

I think that GEC hit the nail on the head with the bullnose! It's prolly the pest lookin production soddie knife out there.

Thanks so much for that...I actually just happened to find one at a distributor and should have my orange Red Neck Farm Tool by Wednesday or Thursday :D

I don't know if I would have found it without that link, so many thanks for helping a fellow steel addict out :thumbup:

One technical question though. I haven't had any O1 bladed knives and I know it likes to rust. I'll be moving to a tropical, humid beach town in Mexico by the end of the month and am wondering what the best way to keep this knife in workable condition. Would you guys recommend a forced patina or just regular mineral oil application? I plan to be using it regularly so I don't particularly care about keeping it in mint condition, but I don't want it to be eaten by the ocean air and generally high humidity.

Thanks in advance for your help :)

Por nada, amigo.

I live a couple of miles from the beach and just use mineral oil, but a lot of the fellas think highly of forced patina.

Back