GEC Huckleberry Boy's Knife

So I go to order the boys knife(thanks to the members here for directing me there) and I ended up ordering something else but every time I scroll past that jigged bone pic I think uh oh did I make a mistake?!! It looks like such a nice knife.

Yup, I can relate... That's a dangerous site for someone on a budget, but as they say, "get 'em both!" :D

I like the blade shape and think it would be a great knife for my younger son.

Last edited:
Yup, I can relate... That's a dangerous site for someone on a budget, but as they say, "get 'em both!" :D

Very dangerous sight, in a good way? Every time I go there I come out and my wallet is a little bit lighter.....

I am seriously considering one of these in the Nifebright acrylic. Us wrist watch nuts (aka WIS) are in love with luminous dials, and that knife will make the most luminous watch I own look like nothing in comparison :D

Zippofan, I'd love to see a pic of the night brite boys knife and a black monster.

Zippofan, I'd love to see a pic of the night brite boys knife and a black monster.

Exactly! Only I don't have a black Monster, but I do have an orange :D I'd like to compare it with my lume dial Momentum Atlas too, one of the best watches I have for camping as it lasts all night.

After a visit to both GEC's site and Collectorknives, I can tell that a Nifebright Huckleberry jack and a NF Canoe will be on their way early in January to start the new year off right!

Well then you'll just have to send the knife brite to my monster and me. Or my blue sumo. To get back on topic, I was totally sold on the ebony 2-blade, but that red bone has me thinking twice!

Yes, it's an eye-catcher for sure!

12-13-12-RUST.png

~ P.

I'd have ordered another on if they had used that blood red bone instead. Or even the copperhead bone. Oh, well. They'll get me on something else anyway.

Ed J

I guess those red ones aren't out to the dealers yet. I found an "out of stock" listing for a red bone, but it was a single blade only. I'm going to email 'my' dealer so he can keep an eye out.

I like the nite brite but I'm staying away from any knife websites and I'm trying to sell the collection not keep adding to it. :D I even had to tell a guy I hang with I couldn't go to the gun show with him this past weekend. :(

One of the dealers I contacted yesterday just got their delivery today, the two-blade model with red bone handles.

I bought one. :D

152212stlrustred_zpsbc205b73.jpg

The dealer is expecting the single-blade version to arrive in stock at the end of this week.

Nice color on that!

One of the dealers I contacted yesterday just got their delivery today, the two-blade model with red bone handles.

The dealer is expecting the single-blade version to arrive in stock at the end of this week.

Nice. I like the red. I opted instead for the ebony 2 blade. There could be a red headed my way in the future though.

I can't afford any more. I'm going to have to eat vienna sausage and navy beans next month as it is.

Ed J

From the picture you posted of it in the What You Have on Order thread, the iron rations will be well worth it! (er what are navy beans???)

I bought the single blade and for me this may just be that perfect all around knife. I love the spear blade with a nice long swedge. love the perfect action opening and closing and half stop. it came out of the box sharp as heck. the size is just perfect to carry in any pair of slacks or jeans. the handle scales are smooth and the sucker glows in the dark!

Attachments

• 20121217_150430 (800x600).jpg
    20121217_150430 (800x600).jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
Oooohh! That's a well-built Teardrop

Off-topic, but I agree with you. It is well made old knives like this that influence GEC today!

I don't think Bill makes a new pattern without consulting some old knives, and some old catalogs and other references!

Back