GEC Rendezvous and Picnic!

Great stuff.
Paul has us booked into the picnic. Ism do glad to see do many people going. Looking forward to catching up with my friends in the Forum.

should be a grand old time! theres a beer festival in town as well. last year it got rained out sadly

It's looking like the missus and me are making the trip! First time to t-ville.

We're probably only coming for one day. I want to make sure I pick up a rendezvous knife as a souvenir and get a factory tour. Do the rendezvous knives sell out immediately? Is there a specific day I should shoot for, other than the picnic?

People line up for the Rendezvous knife very early in the morning. They usually release 10 or 15 knives each morning, and they fly out the door. Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
Hard to predict. A few years there were a couple unsold, and some years they are gone in a blink. Good luck!!
There are always a bunch of rare and special knives for sale all weekend though; models you can't get anywhere else!!

People line up for the Rendezvous knife very early in the morning. They usually release 10 or 15 knives each morning, and they fly out the door. Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
Hard to predict. A few years there were a couple unsold, and some years they are gone in a blink. Good luck!!
There are always a bunch of rare and special knives for sale all weekend though; models you can't get anywhere else!!

take it from me, Charlie is not kidding! ;)

hmm maybe this time ill be able to wake up and get there early enough for one and then drive back to cross creek to sleep :D

Here is shot of some of last years knives, the 74 in primitive bone was the official Rendezvous knife and has a 10 year anniversary blade etch, the 92's and the big elephant toes were the parts knives. Those big boys were coming off the line and going right into the store. Also got one of Lyles Boys knives,they had some great knives last year.

IMG_5752.jpg

I am being much more careful with my diet and food prep these days so things have been good. Oh wait,,,you said flitz. :)

,,,Mike in Canada

Just booked! We're staying in a nearby town using air b&b.

I look forward to meeting some forum friends! I'll likely only be able to go to the factory on Friday, but I'm sure it'll be a great time. I most look forward to the tour, I hope to catch a glimpse of one of my future knives being made!

Back