1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Getting Excited Now !

Discussion in 'Outdoor Gear, Survival Equipment & More' started by pitdog, Oct 9, 2012.

1. pitdog

pitdog

Apr 13, 2007
    Bryan sent me this pic of my new toy all ready to ship out, can't wait to get out and about with this bad boy !

[​IMG]

2. 6shooter

6shooter

Sep 12, 2009
    Very nice, looking forward to seeing how you like it. Did any particular blade inspire that that 'drop-forward' finger groove/choil? I dig that the edge comes right back up to the handle.

3. pitdog

pitdog

Apr 13, 2007
    I liked the look of the Busse Sarsquatch but wasn't too keen on the choil so kinda based it on that but made a few changes.

4. gregorio

gregorio

Nov 9, 2007
    That looks like it's going to be fun. I sense a review coming on.

5. RWT

RWT

Mar 15, 2011
    Jealous and amen on no choil
    Is that one in O1?

6. pitdog

pitdog

Apr 13, 2007
    Yeah I think so !

7. droptyne

droptyne Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 12, 2011
    Justin, that blade is sweet! And yet another excellent job by Bryan! I talked to Bryan and he will start on mine soon, 6 months have never seemed so long!

8. DOC-CANADA

DOC-CANADA

Apr 14, 2006
    Nice looking knife, pitdog. And, of course you can't go wrong with a Breeden. :thumbup:

Doc

9. ROCK6

ROCK6 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 8, 2004
    That is a sweet blade; what's the thickness on it? I agree with Doc, Breeden's blades are proven performers...

ROCK6

10. tknife

tknife Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 18, 1999
    That looks great :thumbup: I like the two front finger positions, they look like they will function nicely and not get in the way.

11. Hawkeye5

Hawkeye5

Jan 6, 2006
    You are really going to like this one a lot. Thanks for letting us see the picture.

12. pitdog

pitdog

Apr 13, 2007
    3/16".

13. Rockywolf

Rockywolf Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 16, 2005
    Good lord, now I want one.

14. sicily02

sicily02

Nov 23, 2005
    Hi all,

Thanks for the kinds words.

I forgot my camera when I went to the shop and so I could not take a better pic with no wax
    on the handle and blade so that pic looks a little yucky lol I took that pic when I got home
    some of the wax had soaked into the handle. That is why it looks 2 tone kind of.

I tell ya that double finger part in the handle is really a great feel. When Pitdog, sent me a pic of the knife drawing he had, I was like yea that will be pretty cool when made up.

Yep it is 0-1 and 3/16" thickness.

It is in the mail and on its way to you pitdog.

Chat with you later,

Bryan

15. coaldigger

coaldigger

Jan 27, 2007
    Wow....looks awsome ! Can't wait for the review & pics

16. TheGame

TheGame

Sep 24, 2008
    I like the way the handle is. It's something that you don't see everyday. I would have to feel it to be sure I'd like it, but it does look good. :thumbup: