Giveaway Fletcher Knives Custom Karniboro Cleaver from USA Made Blade

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitty

Dealer / Materials Provider
Who wants a custom Karniboro Cleaver from Fletcher Knives? The real question should be who doesn't, especially when it is free! Truth is we engraved this one with the words EAT ME on it and a pig on the other side and the pig did not turn out that great. Regardless it is still a $425 Kick ass custom Cleaver! Our mess up will be some lucky winners gain!

How to Enter:

-Tell us what you are going to do with it? You can make your answer serious or you can make it funny. Does not have to be a long story. If one sentence or a pic can say it all then go with it!

Rules:

-One entry per person

-Must be over the age of 18

-International entries are welcome but shipping cost is on you

We will let this run until Thursday March 30th around 10:00 PM EST and then we will pick a winner live while on our Thursday night Facebook live feed and post it here that night.

All rules are subject to change as necessary.

Thank you guys as always for your support and good luck!

https://flic.kr/p/QHmAmg https://www.flickr.com/photos/57703464@N02/

Last edited:
If I win this cleaver my goal will be to learn how to use a cleaver... Hopefully with all fingers remaining attached.

When I lived in Seattle I used to go to Uwajimaya and watch the old guys there chop up birds with their cleavers. I always thought it looked like the coolest thing. I would happily like to try learning how to do it myself.

I don't process meat (unless I get lucky hunting) so I'd use it for making big chunks of wood into smaller pieces of wood for the camp fire.
I've used a cleaver before and they make great wood choppers.

Thanks for the chance.

I take Snowbirds out for saltwater fishing. I can see that cleaver making short work of the heads and tails.
Snook_2.jpg

I'm in! We're planning a pig-roast here and it will be perfect for processing. Then I would probably gift it to my father.

Thanks for the chance!

"All I do is chop, chop, chop no matter what."

Seriously though, I have never used a cleaver and would enjoy the opportunity to try one.

Thank you for doing this.

- Daniel

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

I am going to download episodes of "Yan Can Cook" with Martin Yan, and make an entire dish with this cleaver.

Martin's techniques should be easy enough to follow with such a quality tool. Or destruction will ensue, I'm not sure which.

Then I'm going to give away this balisong, because I'm certain there's no way I'm going to julienne with it when there's a CLEAVER in the house!

I have been wanting to do more things with meat with the help of my local butcher in my restaurant so it would certainly be used to cut up and process meat for those purposes. Outside of that it would just be fun to learn to use a cleaver more, never had the need to use one all that much.

Thanks for the giveaway USAmadeblade!

Great giveaway Whitty!

I would use it to chop the heck out of some bbq pork and beef...oh yeahhh :cheerful:

I'm in. I'd probably just hang it in the kitchen and occasionally use it on something rediculous like a sandwich or hard boiled egg.

In please. I'll be sectioning out rib racks to fit in my smoker, Babybacks, St. Louis, KC, Beef Ribs, Short Ribs, etc.....

It just so happens that I cooked up 4 racks of Baby Back Ribs today... and as you can see, I ate a half rack and gave my brother-in-law a half too.
Using that little paring knife "just don't cut it". A beautiful cleaver is just what I need.
Count me in !!!!

Ribs_zpsgjgtcmxo.jpg

Im in and thank you for the give away! Its warming up outside and we grill out about every night here. Would really like to try/have a cleaver for just that (lots of meat cutting).

I am in. If I was able, I might try it out on a cow!

(I've only butchered one cow, helping a neighbor who needed a hand).

I'll have to post pics in the morning. If wanted. Some people don't like butchering pics.

Cow butchering.....

Last edited:
Stupid cloudflare site crash double post. Happens every stinking night at 10 pm or so my time...

Please ignore the Doublepost!

Easy. I'm Jewish and Passover is coming up. I'm hosting a big dinner for my family and the community and nothing could be better to process and serve a five course kosher meat meal than a cleaver with a pig on it. I'm in.

I love to cook and one of my favorite dishes for cooking that needs a cleaver is making Hungarian Chicken Paprikas. You need to quarter the chicken and a cleaver makes this step so easy, not to mention the that satisfyin' sound you get when that mass of sharpened steel separates the flesh and bone in one chop and instantaneously makes contacts the cutting board below. :)

Here's some of the knives I use when there's meat to be processed, an old 70s Case Butchering set I got when we emptied a house for a friend of my daughter, they were gonna throw it out and I took 'em. I'm not sure what steels they used but they take and keep a keen edge and are great for cutting muscle, flesh and fat.

nQk5K2f.jpg

... and my old unmarked cleaver I found in the barn, I cleaned it up and it's my matter separator, it will delimb anything from trees to... well, you can imagine ;). This thing is a beast and I'd sure love a refined, precision crafted extreme example of the cutlers art

bSfBOGr.jpg

dHJFklI.jpg

Z1ktwQP.jpg

8IIs187.jpg

Thanks for the generous giveaway and your support of Blade Forums. Rest assured your mistake will be put to good use and the irony of the pig won't be lost on the chickens it separates. :)

I'm in! We do a lot of grilling around here, so I'd be cutting some meat up with it. Thanks for the offer :)

I am in. If I am the winner, I gone to use on the hard vegetables, pork ribs, ox tails, leg of lamb and any meat with bone till it break! Thanks for your give away!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back