1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Glow in the dark knives

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by SuzukiGS750EZ, Jan 9, 2011.

1. SuzukiGS750EZ

SuzukiGS750EZ

Dec 30, 2008
    Hey guys. I was browsing the EDC forums this morning and came across a glow in the dark manix. Well, it's wayyyyyyy above my pricepoint and also i can't find any. Do you know any worthwhile knives for 70 or less than have glow in the dark scales?

2. EricV

EricV Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Nov 19, 2008
    I wish! It would be great if someone has seen one, but from when I was looking during the summer the only real option was either getting some scales made, or making a back spacer or scales myself out of halflife-X or some of shadetrees handle material.

3. samhain73

samhain73

Mar 5, 2005
    Only Victorinox.

4. supratentorial

supratentorial Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 19, 2006
  5. CWL

CWL

Sep 15, 2002
    I have a pair of the SAKs and they glow really well, either with sunlight or a bit of flashlight.

There was a guy who used to sell knife grip blanks with GiTD powders mixed into the resin. These don't glow as well as professionally made GiTD plastics though, prolly not mixed as well.

You can also try with paints or getting some of the powders yourself and making your own scales.

6. sweet

sweet

Nov 11, 1999
    G10
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Neo

Neo

Sep 12, 2002
    Böker

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

CRKT

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. somniloquist

somniloquist Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 9, 2007
    What are those non-auto bokers called???

9. Tsujigiri

Tsujigiri

May 25, 2009
    Is that a material sample of GITD G-10, or a knife?

10. Neo

Neo

Sep 12, 2002
  11. matt1987

matt1987

Nov 2, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2011
  12. 6thtexas

6thtexas

Dec 13, 2009
    Funny you should ask about GITD. I just ordered two SAKS this week in Stayglow.

13. Artfully Martial

Artfully Martial

Jun 8, 2005
    One thing to remember is that lume has a lifespan...probably not a good choice for an heirloom knife

14. somniloquist

somniloquist Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 9, 2007
  15. GRIM 62

GRIM 62

Mar 29, 2009
    Only my Stayglow Vic Climber.