1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Go Granny!!! Go!!! Pare them apples!!!!

Discussion in 'Schrade Knives Collectors Forum' started by Trent Rock, May 8, 2008.

1. Trent Rock

Trent Rock

Jun 29, 2007
    [​IMG]

Date range?
    Catalog link?
    Did Imperial make separate catalogs for their kitchen knives?
    I think I am the biggest collector of Imperial kitchen cutlery west of Gila Bend
    They actually are cheap/low quality :(
    But I like the name!;)

2. glennbad

glennbad Knife Moddin' Fool Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 13, 2003
    TR,

Larry's site has some good stuff, including this:

Granny's Cutlery

(For all I know, Larry may have got this from GM in the first place)

Glenn

3. Codger_64

Codger_64 Moderator Moderator

Oct 8, 2004
    The majority of the Imperial flyers came from the Imperial annual sales meeting packages in the ISC archives. ISC was into the kitchen gadget and cutlery market in a big way for a long time. I remember buying a "Granny's Spoon" in the late 1980's from Wal-Mart. It was bare-handled. I don't remember if it was an import or not. A lot of this stuff was, as was much of their tableware.

Michael

4. lrv

lrv

Sep 14, 2003
    I don't believe I have any of Grey Menace's flyers (YET!) Although we do have a corner with a few pictures of his collection...
    http://www.collectors-of-schrades-r.us/corners/Collectors_corner.htm
    Would love to add any and all material to the site.
    As for Granny.. The series was around for many years. The flyer Glenn points out (thanks Glenn) is from 69.
    Thanks
    Larry

Last edited: May 8, 2008
  5. Trent Rock

Trent Rock

Jun 29, 2007
    ROFL!!!
    HOW DID I miss the tableware section????
    The MOTHERLODE!!!!
    W00t!!!!
    Thanks guys
    EXACTLY what I wanted

The funny part is I couldn't find much info on the net
    I did find one guy who had an EBAY APB/"looking for a Imperial USA Granny's Parer...in good condition" :cool:
    (The EBAY world of supply and demand amazes me everyday)
    I don't know whether to sell it or try and get the rest of the set!!!:eek:
    ALL I NEED is Granny's boning knife, her spoon, her fork, her utility knife........

So
    What is the Holy Grail in the Imperial Tableware collecting realm?
    What was their top of the line??
    I think BF's needs a kitchen cutlery sub forum........

6. Codger_64

Codger_64 Moderator Moderator

Oct 8, 2004
    I favor the Hopalong Cassidy tableware set. The Batman set is a close second.

7. lrv

lrv

Sep 14, 2003
    Holy Grail of Schrade's kitchen line was a set of knives they made for Kitchen Aide. I've never seen them but Debbie Chase related here on BF a few years ago that the factory workers actually enjoyed working on them and were extremely proud of their fit and finish.
    Imperial Schrade made many many (MANY,MANY) tableware patterns.
    I could have skipped the entire tableware section but as the self appointed "librarian" I just couldn't do it. Its truly more than half the printed volume of material I have scanned. I think of all the hours and labor spent producing these items and they must be accounted for. I will start working on a better presentation of the data once I’ve finished the current load..

Hey are librarians supposed to know how to spell??
    I’m in trouble.