Great Eastern Cutlery: #66 - Equal End Serpentine

While this wouldn't have been my first choice if I had a large array of different blue camel bone examples to choose from....I most certainly like it. The heavy spot of dye centered on the pile side is kind of weird.

Smooth bone has such a wonderful tactile feel.

KjGIO5W.jpg

v2Otdvr.jpg

Hopefully, the dye pattern on that one will grow on you. When I first started with camel bone, I wanted the "ideal"...strong color, with fairly uniform spackling. But the more I buy camel bone knives, the more I enjoy the ones that are really unique. I love those that take very little color, for example, and those with cracks that take the dye. I also love spots, like yours has on the pile side. In my opinion, you got a real gem. I looked at the blue camels and my two favorite were the two that had very little to no blue...they were among the last three to sell, so obviously, my taste isn't mainstream. But I appreciated covers like yours the more I collected.

Word is there will be a bunch more blue camel dropping soon. But I say you got a winner, sir!

Beautiful Jeff, still waiting for an invoice from CK. A guarantee seems to mean it takes forever.

My 66 Hemlock came in today. I can't wait to get home and check the pull and fit & finish out.

I got my Hemlock on Saturday and attempted to take some pics but they all turned out blurry. Not sure what happened there.

It's my first Northfield version of the Calf Roper Stockman and I like it more than I thought I would. I usually prefer the Tidioute trim but after holding the Northfield version in my hands I really like it a lot.

I've got four 66's from this run so far and the fit & finish on every one of them is superb. No backspring gaps at all and smooth transitions all around. Every single one of them.

Looking forward to that Blood Red notification.

VFEw8SP.jpg

Just opened it. All the blades have a nice snap, but the pull is light. I only have one concern. This is my first GEC stockman, if you run your finger across the top of the knife (closed) should you be able to feel a small bit of the tip from the main blade?
Thanks

VFEw8SP.jpg

Just opened it. All the blades have a nice snap, but the pull is light. I only have one concern. This is my first GEC stockman, if you run your finger across the top of the knife (closed) should you be able to feel a small bit of the tip from the main blade?
Thanks

I have 2 from this run and have had 2 from a previous run. They've all been this way.

So, after this release, here are all the 66s that I have. Heaven help me, eight is enough. I'm hopefully going to resist the urge to pick up one of those great looking stag knives (like Jeff's above) or one of the peachseed SFOs. All that said, I do sort of need to bag a Bullwinkle to complete the set. Maybe there's room for nine... :rolleyes:

35753599440_d86eb282f8_k.jpg

I picked up four calf ropers this time and all four were basically the same on pull . The mains were all just perfect with great walk and talk and the secondary blades were on the light side . I could stand them to be stiffer but overall very nice knives ! The chestnut peachseed is probably my favorite but it's a tough choice because all of them look great !
I am awaiting the peach seed. I am very surprised at myself, the tortoise acrylic, I have really taken a liking to.

Actually, NewBlades, so far both are safe-queens. I have a jillion stockmen already, so no need to carry one, but probably will at some point.

Back