1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Great Keychain Knives

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by austinguy23, Mar 25, 2012.

1. austinguy23

austinguy23

Nov 29, 2009
    What are some great options for a keychain knife?

Pics of your setup would be great...

2. EagleScouter

EagleScouter Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 18, 2011
    Spyderco Bug, HoneyBee, and Grasshopper are all nice for keychains. They're affordable too.

[​IMG]

3. dakine

dakine

Jan 17, 2007
    Recently found this one, becoming a favorite keychain knife/scissors. one side can be opened for knife cutting use then open other end for scissors.

[​IMG]

4. bigbadboom

bigbadboom

Jan 4, 2007
    Boker Keycom is the best I've found not too big or small good retention stays shut unless purposefully opened good blade , pocket clip , can be opened with 1 hand . Doesnt stand out too much like a knife - lots of people would see it and not auto think knife

5. powernoodle

powernoodle Power Member Gold Member Platinum Member

Jul 21, 2004
    I like the Victorinox Classic SD for keychain usage. You get a lot of utility in a very small package, plus a basic driver, scissor and tweezer.

[​IMG]

6. Faron

Faron

Apr 5, 2009
    Leatherman SQUIRT PS4. Faron

7. G8R8U2

G8R8U2

Feb 22, 2011
    Bought my girlfriend a pink KA-BAR Mini Dozier for keychain duty. Surprisingly good knife, especially for the price.

[​IMG]

Comes in black or blaze orange as well.

8. Esav Benyamin

Esav Benyamin MidniteSuperMod Staff Member Super Mod

Apr 6, 2000
    I carry a Vic. Classic in mini keychain sheath, very handle for taking it off the keyring to use.

I recently picked up a Douk Douk variant, L'Ecureuil (Squirrel) and remembered I have a small one which is a very strong keychain knife with a bail.

9. Mike-The-Knife

Mike-The-Knife

Dec 6, 2011
    Spyderco Ladybug is a great key chain knife . It actually feels good in the hand and cuts very well for such a small knife .

HOLD MY BEER AND WATCH THIS !

10. jackknife

jackknife Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 2, 2004
    I'd have to agree with the 58mm sak's as the ultimate keychain knife. Small enough not to be noticed, very sheeple friendly, and gives you a knife plus scissors, small screw driver, and depending on what model a phillips driver, second blade (mini champ) and some other tools in a package smaller than some companies knives only.

Victorinox classic, rambler, manager, mini champ. All good depending on what you like.

Carl.

11. Mud Shrimp Moe

Mud Shrimp Moe

Nov 6, 2011
    I carry a Vic Rambler on my keychain at the moment. I'm thinking about going back to the Vic Classic, because it's just slightly lighter, and I'm sensitive to weight on my keys.

I own a Leatherman Micra, Squirt P2 and Squirt S2. They're all a bit heavier than I'd like on my keys. So is my Vic Minichamp. I love that knife, but don't like anything heavier than a Classic on my keychain. And I've tried small locking blades on my keys, like the Byrd Finch (Ladybug size). It's not for me.

12. Magnaminous_G

Magnaminous_G

Jul 13, 2011
    Spyderco LadyBug is my favorite. Here you can watch my vid in which I explain how I went about choosing and using a keychain knife:

[video=youtube;bt-8UHBeH8I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bt-8UHBeH8I[/video]

13. cb4life_30

cb4life_30

Sep 18, 2006
    I have had some type of knife on my keychain since I started carrying keys. First it was a sak classic that my dad gave me, then I wanted something with bigger scissors so I switched to the leatherman micra, then I carried the cold steel mini pal for along time, then I carried just the sog micron until leatherman came out with the style cs which I carried until a few days ago when my new green sak classic came in the mail. I have been looking to lighten my keychain load for a while so we will see how this works. My tastes change quite frequently so who knows. I am thinking about pulling the trigger on the cold steel micro recon on payday so I might be changing again. Summer came early this year in TX so I am looking for ways to lighten my load. BTW, of all the above keychain knives I have gotten the most use out of the multitool variants, because I am never without a dedicated folder. The mini pal was nice for cutting open boxes as I could seperate it from the keys completely, and serrations never needed sharpening. I liked the style cs, mainly for the same reason as the mini pal...I could remove it from my keys when I needed it. The classic is a more compact tool, which is exactly what I am looking for right now.

14. enduraamasing

enduraamasing

Jan 15, 2012
    i have 2 a sak clasic and a mini balisong

15. RRR1977

RRR1977

Jun 2, 2011
    Gerber Artifact and a Wegner 10 SAK. I even got a little squeeze LED light and a bit of duct tape wrapped around a piece of para-cord. Figure that can handle most tasks I run into.

16. austinguy23

austinguy23

Nov 29, 2009
    Interesting choices. I may have to buy a few and see what works best for me.

17. whetrock

whetrock

Nov 13, 2010
    IMO the Spydie Ladybug is the all end all keychain knife I especialy like my FS H1 Ladybug with the super nonthreatining yellow FRN handles it makes for a great knife for use around "sheeple".

18. CLICKBANGBANG

CLICKBANGBANG

Oct 12, 2010
    $12 Walmart Gerber STL-2.0 and I love it.

This is an old pic. Since I've added a firesteel.com steel, a section of cobra braid para cord, and a county comm mini widgy bar to the key ring.

[​IMG]

19. dark impaler

dark impaler Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 14, 2011
    ...ladybug at home...

[​IMG]

20. too solid

too solid Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 17, 2011
    Spyderco manbug. Tighten the pivot so it's a bit stiff and secure and your good to go. I also had the spyderco cricket for a while which is great, but heavy. The manbug is weightless on the keychain.