Gulf Coast & Coastal Interior Wetlands (Photo Heavy)

Thanks man. I'm just glad he isn't one of the ones there regretting having not lived while he was able. He's almost 80 and has had a full life. He grew up in south Florida and the keys, his biggest passion was fishing and he did a lot of it. He roamed the hills of the Tennessee mountains, he lived in the woods and made shine back in the day, raised fox and bobcat cubs that he had found orphaned, he went around the world in the Marines, he fought in Korea. He spent most of my childhood teaching me how to live off the land as best he could. He was plant manager of an outdoor advertising company, then he owned a salvage company and did a lot of diving all over the Caribbean. He did pretty much everything his ever heart desired and I am thankful for that. Even in his lucid moments he is at peace with his end, he's dealing with it better than I am.

Mist-
I don't normally post much here, but it sounds like your father has lived a fulfilled life. Far too many of us spend far too much of our time chasing the next dollar, and forgetting about what is truly important in life - family and friends. Seems that he taught you well, and in my book, for a father, that is a life VERY well lived. I pray that God be with you and give you and your family peace.

Mist-
I don't normally post much here, but it sounds like your father has lived a fulfilled life. Far too many of us spend far too much of our time chasing the next dollar, and forgetting about what is truly important in life - family and friends. Seems that he taught you well, and in my book, for a father, that is a life VERY well lived. I pray that God be with you and give you and your family peace.

Thanks man. Dad is a simple man with simple needs and simple pleasures. He never was greedy and I'm glad he passed that along to me.

awesome pics as always Brian.. i would love to check out Florida one of these days..

sorry to hear about your Dad.. hang in there man.. keep thinking of all those good times..

Thanks Mike, and it's a really cool place to visit.

I do man. I keep going to places we went when I was a kid, and remembering days gone by and lessons learned.

Really, amazing pics. It would be so good to visit this area and be shown round :)

sorry to hear about your dad, man.

awesome pics! glad i clicked on this post - there's a lot more pics here than the one in the esee forum i think.

Really, amazing pics. It would be so good to visit this area and be shown round :)

Thank you, it's a really nice place to visit and wander around it for a while.

sorry to hear about your dad, man.

awesome pics! glad i clicked on this post - there's a lot more pics here than the one in the esee forum i think.

Thanks man, and glad you enjoyed them. Yeah, I think I was still having problems with slow wi-fi when I did the ESEE post and then added some others to this one.

Sorry to hear about your dad Mist. I lost mine in 1995 and I miss him every day.Prayer for you and your family.
Jeff

Beautiful pictures. Sounds like a nice little trip with the family. I'm so sorry to hear about your father. :(

Great pics!
I work in an ICU. Im glad he's not at an ICU, and hopefully he has lots of lucid moments....
I hope that his transition to the next life is peaceful into the arms of the Lord.
Im not looking forward to when my parents are at that stage..........we are all heading there I guess...
John

Beautiful pictures. Sounds like a nice little trip with the family. I'm so sorry to hear about your father. :(

Thanks man, and yes it was still a great trip with the family,

Great pics!
I work in an ICU. Im glad he's not at an ICU, and hopefully he has lots of lucid moments....
I hope that his transition to the next life is peaceful into the arms of the Lord.
Im not looking forward to when my parents are at that stage..........we are all heading there I guess...
John

Thank you. I'm glad he's not too, his lucid moments ar about 50/50 on a good day. I'm really not looking forward to me making it to this stage...

The pain of your fathers transition will ultimately bring your immediate family closer together. It may be a final gift to all of you.........................Love the pics, take care.

Back