1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Gunner Grips...PIC

Discussion in 'Simonich Knives LLC' started by u812, Jun 5, 2005.

1. u812

u812 KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 15, 2002
    Just got them at Blade.They are the blue-green with buffalo.Just got them sanded down a little,washed and installed.
    Glad to finally get a set,also picked up a Bitteroot.
    I am happy.
    [​IMG]

2. Overlord

Overlord

Dec 27, 2003
    I got a set, and found them too sharp. How did you sand them down?
    Overlord in Colorado

3. Erik Fritz

Erik Fritz

Aug 6, 2002
    I just used mine this weekend in a level III handgun course fired around 800-900 rounds and no problemsat all.

4. u812

u812 KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 15, 2002
    When they are new they are very sharp.I put them on at Blade and by the end of the day I was really feeling them on my side.
    All I did to smooth them up was to lightly sand over the dimples and edges in all directions with one of those sanding pads,sandpaper on a sponge.I think it is around a 220 grit and then went back over it with a scotch brite pad.Scrub good with a tooth brush and soap and thats it.They feel great now.

5. RattlerXX

RattlerXX

Nov 7, 2000
    Those Gunners look great on that Kimber. I have really enjoyed mine, and I may have to treat myself to a set like yours. The Buffalo looks really good on them.

6. Bravado

Bravado

Feb 14, 2002
    Awesome pic thanks for sharing!

7. John T Wylie Jr

John T Wylie Jr

Feb 1, 2007
    Love them gunner grips:

[​IMG]

these next two were taken awhile back , some friends were visiting my shop and we were comparing carry guns.... yup all had Gunners

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Bottom 2 belong to me , rest of mine were in the safe :)