1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.
  3. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

Handmade Survival knife

Discussion in 'Trade: Knives & Tools' started by tuffthumbz, Jun 4, 2010.

1. tuffthumbz

tuffthumbz Banned BANNED

Sep 26, 2009
    I made this out of a leaf spring, all hand filed, its my first knife so im not sure what to ask for, make me an offer. its got a nice size lanyard hole and is convex, holds an edge really well, 550 cord wrap handle (2 holes under cord for handle)
    blade: 5.5 in
    full lenth: 10 in
    thick: .25 in
    width: 1.5 in
    BTW i have small hands :eek:
    looking for spyderco or any condition ESEE

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 15, 2010
  2. veubent

veubent

Apr 26, 2009
    I really like the look of it but i dont know what to offer or what your looking for. Mabye make a small list of things youd trade it for to give us and idea. Thanks

Mike

3. tuffthumbz

tuffthumbz Banned BANNED

Sep 26, 2009
    im not sure what to ask for, to me its worth alot but im not sure how i would know the real value. Took me 2 weeks of hard work, no sheath its looks great but you know its not factory perfect grind. make me an offer.
    id love a BRKT bravo 1 or something like that.
    ESEE
    BRKT

something in that range

4. tuffthumbz

tuffthumbz Banned BANNED

Sep 26, 2009
    im not limited to ESEE or BRKT

5. alex

alex

Oct 12, 1998
    Tell us about how you hardened and tempered it. Describe the process. A prospective buyer or trader would want to know.

I would suggest you add a sharply focused picture of it laying flat on a clear background with maybe a ruler right underneath the knife. Some of your pictures are taken at angles which don't show the knife in the best light. A great picture will make the sale or trade easier for you.

6. tuffthumbz

tuffthumbz Banned BANNED

Sep 26, 2009
    getting a new camera tomarrow all i have is a crappy iphone camera. I will replace them and edit the whole post. thanks

7. tuffthumbz

tuffthumbz Banned BANNED

Sep 26, 2009
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. tuffthumbz

tuffthumbz Banned BANNED

Sep 26, 2009
    looking for spyderco or any condition ESEE