Happy Father's Day

Happy Father's Day, gentleman.

I'm currently deep in the trenches (6 and 3.5 year olds) with a long road ahead. I struggle everyday with the question, "What the hell am I doing?" and the nagging doubt that I am screwing them up with my failures.

But I'm here, everyday, trying. I'm open with my affection; encouraging them to be their best selves; demonstrating respect and humility (or at least attempting to); loving their mother, my wife; and trying to be the best, though deeply flawed, example of what a man should be for both of them.

To all of the fathers that have come before, I say Thank You.

For those currently "in the fight": I offer my encouragement and support. As long as we're trying and doing our best we're doing something right.

And to those who have yet to become fathers: Don't.

(Just kidding)
I would warn that it is the most stressful, heart-wrenching, tiring, infuriating, thankless, maddening, beautiful, fulfilling, amazing, wonderful thing you could ever do.
It's not for everyone. As a society we see the consequences of failing. But if you do become a father, by choice or otherwise, stick with it, give it your best and don't ever quit; you mean the world to somebody.

Happy Fathers Day everyone. If you are part of your child's life they will never see you as failing them, they love there dad unconditionally. I think the only way to fail them is not being part of there life. I think my daughter used my mistakes as a learning experience. My son had to try things for himself before he figured it out. Ether way we need to be there.
Take care, John S.

Happy Father's Day to you all.

Happy belated Fathers Day to all the Dads. Had a good convo with my father yesterday.

My fiance and I just cringe/laugh at the idea of little versions of us and how challenging it would be. Hopefully someday down the road we can experience parenthood but for now we need to get ourselves figured out.

I've am already too busy to take care of everything I should, I don't even understand how anyone has the time to be a parent.

I asked my kids for pictures of themselves doing something they want to do in the future, Iris drew herself at age 7 (she's 5) with more dogs :D

19260503_10156318138074778_1906823145367312309_n.jpg

Back