Have you ever seen anything creepy?

Awhile ago, my dad and I were looking for property to buy up in Northern California. After a first few properties we came across this one that was 3/4 to 1 mile away from the freeway, the freeway could clearly be seen from the property. We liked the property and there was a nice large pond with it. Anyways, after walking awhile on the property and checking it out, we both got that feeling of fear and thought it was just us being paranoid. We ignored it and kept walking on. After more walking in the woods, and the feeling not stopping, we starting to see 4ft tall piles of dirt a few hundred feet ahead. We went up there to see what it was. There were around a dozen or so holes dug 6ft deep, 6ft long, and 3 feet across. And what appeared to be 1 or 2 holes were dug, and then filled. Being paranoid, we saw the holes and got the f*** out of there. Another weird thing was, the owner of the property didn't want to meet us when we initially looked at the property. He told us just to go on the property and check it out.

I don't know if this qualifies as creepy but my dad swears by it. He relates that his mom would put a hex on people and animals. She was Pennsylvania Dutch. He says when she killed a chicken for the pot she first swore at it in German? and then marked a cross on the ground. After chopping its' noggin off she laid it on the cross and it was motionless. The odd thing was if she did not make the cross or curse at it the chicken would do as normal ones do and run around all willy nilly. If that is not creepy then maybe this other jem , also from my dad. When he was 15 years old mom(we all called my oma mom) yelled down to him to come into the bathroom. He said she was louder than normal so he thought she was ill. When he made it to the room she told him to look out back and tell her what he saw exactly.He looked out and on the sidewalk in the backyard stood a gargoyle.Yes, a gargoyle. He said it moved along the walk and was definitely alive.He looked at mom and she said tell me what you saw.When he did she simply said thank you and went downstairs and said a bunch of stuff in German. I don't know but my dad is no bs'er so It had to happen.

SEMPER-FI TIL I DIE

just now , coming home from having done the shopping in the next town , slowing down to enter our town , there was a strong enough impression to look at the traffic ahead coming toward us , that I actually said out loud " red car" as I did , a red station wagon towing a trailer loaded with cementmixer and other other machines swerved out of its lane into mine , I braked and swerved way down into the drain .. the driver of the other car was talking into his mobile phone while diggin in his glove box ... he looked up as he went past us , swerved back onto his side of the road and kept going

Im still shaking .. and begining to feel parinoid about other drivers

To me instincts are totally basic and deserve your undivided attention. Back in '95 I went down to the French Quarter for a vacation. Good food, good times. Got on a bus to tour the garden district and when me and the ex were supposed to get off, the hair on the back of my neck raised and I couldn't shake the feeling. Well at the end of the bus line we had to get off and wait for the next bus. She just kept on me "why didn't we get off where we were supposed to?" over and over again. It took me a little while to be able to explain that there was no way I was getting off that bus...for any reason at the time. To this day I don't know what it was but I try to trust those instincts, they may just keep you alive. Shoulda let her off there.

When I was thirteen I went to scout camp. We slept in two man huts on cots. The opening to each hut consisted of two flaps that were tied closed. One night I awoke to the sound of heavy breathing right outside the flap which was two feet from my head. I immediately knew what it was and I froze with fear. Sure enough, as I laid there staring frozen at the flap, the snout of a black bear appeared through the opening. There was literally nothing I could do but stay still. The bear took a couple whiffs and no doubt smelled humans and left without any trouble.

Growing up, my father taught me firearm safety early on. He was always adamant about the basics. Always treat a firearm as if it's loaded. Never point a firearm at anything you don't intend to shoot, etc etc.
Well in 1992, during the Rodney King riots, I was 17. I had just got home from school and I hadn't heard the news.
My father walked up to me and handed me my loaded 12ga. He told me to kill anyone who stepped onto our property.
That was a day I will never forget

too many things have happened, and I've learned to listen to that voice.

My wife laughs at me, but when I say "trust me" about some thing, and on my grand mothers grave, I have yet to be wrong. That said, she has had things happen, I know one night we were on a routine jeep trip, she just looked at me and said "I don't have a good feeling about this..." so we turned around.

That voice is a weird thing, but it has guided me straight many times...

One night, while attending school in Savannah Ga, I was coming home very late at night, somewhere between 3:30 and 4:00 am - as i pulled up on the alley/street behind my house to park, a white lexus ls300 drives across me (before I am fully parked) - I am a very observant person, and am always looking at people and my surroundings intensely - so I happened to survey the person driving the car by me, at such a late hour on a quiet street.. as he drove by his lights blinded me from seeing his face, but i could feel his profile all over me - and i instantly got that feeling that something wasn't right. As he went around the corner, I cut the lights on my car and pulled into this parking lot that was for the apt building across the street. I parked a few rows in looking toward the street on which the whole incident occurred.. I left the car running incase some shit went down, and with the lights out, i sank real low into my seat just high enough to look over the dash.. and sure enough, not even a minute later the same car comes creeping back around the block, his lights off, and you could just tell, he was after somebody - anybody.. I was so afraid I sat in my car for damn near an hour and didn't go get out of my car till the sun was starting to come up..

Not really out in the wood but I lived in a pretty rural area. One night I was taking the garbage out and I heard something out in the woods that scared tohe everling shit out of me.. Swear to god it sounded like a girl gettting murdered that changed into an owl or birdlike noise. That registered at a perfect 10 pucker factor.
barred owl...!
they go nuts up here during mating season in mid to late feb. (we live in the mountains)... we call them 'woods monkeys'...!
if someone dosent know what it is, i suppose it could scare the hell out of you...

In 1995 I was attending a martial arts training camp at Camp Dry Gulch in Oaklahoma. This was the very same campground that an old kids television show, "The Gospel Bill Show" (it's a Christian campground) used to be filmed at. It was an old west town complete with a saloon, jail, livery, etc. One of the events that were a staple of these camps (I had been attending these camps for years) was the 'night games' where students were pitted against instructors in capture the flag type scenarios. I was a newly appointed instructor so I was assigned a location in the woods at a checkpoint for one of these games. I was in good company as I had my best friend along with me. He was a seasoned martial artist and a veteran who is one of the most level headed, logical people I know.

The checkpoint we were assigned was outside of the main Dry Gulch campground on the land surrounding the camp. We walked to the area on foot and as we got closer the woods got really quiet. I recall thinking this but didn't say anything at first. It was just THAT feeling. My buddy made the comment that the crickets had stopped chirping. This didn't help me in any way.

Upon arriving where we were to set up I noticed a small structure, what looked like a cabin nearby. As we walked up to take a closer look I stopped in my tracks, cold. I looked at my buddy and asked him what the place reminded him of. He replied with the answer I did not want to hear as it was familiar to him as well. The cabin looked identical to the one in the Evil Dead movies, complete with that creepy well out in front.

I was twenty five at the time and my friend, a couple years older than I, was always like a big brother to me. I relied on his logical, calm interpretation of things to offer some simple reasonable explanation like he'd done plenty of times in the past. Not this time. He didn't have to say a thing, we both knew we had to put a whole lot of GONE between us and this place and we did.

As we were walking out of the area he made mention of how, in spiritual warfare, demonic forces will congregate just outside of a holy place waiting to get in, waiting to cause trouble. I never forgot that and I never forgrot that feeling.

The creepiest thing I ever saw was two construction workers in the woods about 1/2 mile from the parking lot at the park. One on his knees, and the other standing in front of him with his shirt off. They dispersed quickly deeper into the woods when I came riding up (mountain biking).

A short while later I saw them return to the parking lot and get into separate vehicles (both were pickup trucks complete with tool boxes, latter racks, company names and phone numbers).

The creepiest thing I ever saw was two construction workers in the woods about 1/2 mile from the parking lot at the park. One on his knees, and the other standing in front of him with his shirt off. QUOTE]

Well it sure was nice of that one feller to help his buddy tie his shoe, thats friendship right there.

The creepiest thing I ever saw was two construction workers in the woods about 1/2 mile from the parking lot at the park. One on his knees, and the other standing in front of him with his shirt off. They dispersed quickly deeper into the woods when I came riding up (mountain biking).

A short while later I saw them return to the parking lot and get into separate vehicles (both were pickup trucks complete with tool boxes, latter racks, company names and phone numbers).

lol :barf:

man that is gross... are you sure they werent members of the band ' the village people'?

I don't usually get the feeling in the woods, but I get it often in the city/urban sprawl. Perhaps it is just an uneasiness when surrounded by so many people. This is where the advent of mobile technology comes in very handy. When I feel like I am being followed or notice that someone has been a little too intent on my actions, whether perceived or real, I can whip out the cell phone, stop walking, and pretend to be speaking to someone,texting, or looking at something online while I wait for the feeling to pass or see what caused it.

In retrospect, I do get "that" feeling rather often in in the woods. However, I have never been able to make any sense of why it happens. I just tend to sit tight, listen close, and bug out if it doesn't pass. I used to work private security to have drinking money during college and saw/felt/perceived/imagined all kinds of weird things that piqued my "supernatural 6th sense." I am not a believer in ghosts and such, but as a Christian and believer in Scripture, I do put a value on the demonic/angelic and their presence in life. I guess I can expand more later. Right now, I am going to continue catching up on months missed here on BFC.

Last edited:
upon walking DEEP into the woods behind my house, little did i know that i had actually gone onto someone else's land. I saw a few cellar holes but that was about it. What i saw next freaked me out. after carefully scaling a very steep angled hill a stop to catch my breath. i turned to my right, and not 10 feet from me were 3 rotten goat carcasses strung by there necks. They had been there for so long that their necks had elongated. everything after there two front legs was completely missing, only a small portion of the entrails remained. LIKE A BAT OUT OF HELL, I WAS OUT OF THERE. I later went back with my cousin and investigated. We later understood why they were there. The man was using them as bait to hunt coyotes about twenty feet away was his tree stand lurking in the shadows. He had gotten the goats from a ZOO where the three goats were either sick and needed to be put down or had already died.

barred owl...!
they go nuts up here during mating season in mid to late feb. (we live in the mountains)... we call them 'woods monkeys'...!
if someone dosent know what it is, i suppose it could scare the hell out of you...

loook up on youtube
-barn own screech
-erie fox howl
-and fisher cat scream
all three are terrifying and have all scared the shit out of me.

Yes. in the woods or around cities. I usually just change direction/pattern and watch more closely.

If I catch someone watching me too closely, I pause and look at them like they owe me money. They usually look away.

Animal behavior is interesting. Deer will ignore people in a car or people just walking along not looking at them, but stop and look at them or point at them- it is a new ballgame. Their instincts help them survive.

Bill

Human behavior is interesting. I do this as well. I was walking back to my hotel in downtown san Diego too late last year and these three guys were on the other side of the street and behind about 40-50 yards. I caught them crossing diagonally towards me. I stopped and turned facing dead on. I'm a big guy which helps. They took about 5 steps more and then one made a comment to the others and they all just 180'ed. They weren't prepared for me to confront. Or they were just crossing the street and I scared the s$&@ out of them!

That feeling has saved me more than once.

Here are a few experiments to try.

When you catch someone out of the corner of your eye looking at you, make eye contact. 95 percent of the time they will immediately look away.

Smile when you pass someone in the hall when they make passing eye contact. You will almost always get a smile back from them. Would they have smiled if you hadn't? Probably not. Don't try this in NYC.

This thread reminded me of a very weird childhood incident. I grew up in a suburb adjacent to Chicago. My folks wanted to do an addition to the house, replacing the back porch with a small room. I came home after school one day -- I was about 9 -- and my parents were in the kitchen talking to the contractor they hire, "Mr. Skiles." They introduced me to him and he leaned in to pinch my cheek, smiling like a depraved clown. But it wasn't just his smile, it was his incredibly creepy vibe. I backed away like a shot, several feet until I ran into the stove, like a scared cat. The only thing I can compare it to is the first time I heard a rattlesnake, when I found myself moving automatically backward even before I had consciously figured out what the sound was. My parents scolded me and were very embarrassed for my rudeness. I just got out of the room pronto.

A week later the guy disappeared, having done nothing but complete the foundation. My parents had of course paid him plenty up front, more than for the work he'd done. They tried to track him down but it turned out he had used a fake name. A couple years went by, and then the police caught John Wayne Gacy, "the killer clown," a construction contractor outside Chicago who had raped, killed and then buried dozens of young boys in his basement crawl space. We were watching the news and they showed his mug shot & I said "holy shit that's Mr. Skiles!" but he had a mustache & they didn't believe me. So I was never able to verify that it was him.

I have a couple ghost stories, but I guess they're kind of off-topic. I'd written a whole post up about them but decided to take it back.

The first (and only so far) time I ever went hiking in the night, my nerves were on overdrive. I looked everywhere and jumped at every sound. I had a headlight on and I'd always scan everywhere... three times, I saw a bunch of eyes staring at me. I didn't know what they belonged to but they just stared at me. I felt really uncomfortable. Looking back on it now, I figure it was probably deer since there were so many pairs of eyes... a mountain lion probably would've been solo. I eventually got lost because the trail markers had disappeared, and I stopped worrying about the wildlife then. All I could worry about was getting back to the camp site and finding a trail somewhere.

Also, I think I'm in the minority here with actually being comfortable in the city. I was born in NYC and grew up here my whole life. And I like this place. I think I'm a minority on Bladeforums just because of that. I have never really felt in danger here because there are so many people around all the time.

Back