1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Hawks!

Discussion in 'Armoralleather' started by leatherman, Jun 18, 2012.

1. leatherman

leatherman leathermoderator Moderator

Nov 30, 2001
    Here's some Hawk sheaths, I'll update with more as I find them! And the hawks they hold as well! Please do show your hawks if you have pics! No matter who made them. :)

Heres one I did for a Swamp Rat Crash Rat, its an interesting little shopper, I like it!

[​IMG]

Note the square rings on top, allows for a strap for shoulder carry.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

My K5 hammer poll hawk
    [​IMG]

Cobblers syndrome for this one, no sheath yet, but soon

Somewhere I have some pics of a K5 firemans hawk sheath, kydex fusion with hangar rings, I'll post em up as soon as I can locate them

2. leatherman

Nov 30, 2001
    New Hawk in the stable! Swamp Rat Rattle Hawk! This thing is downright scary. Edges everywhere!

[​IMG]

3. uyotg

uyotg Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 5, 2010
    How'd I miss this thread! The sheath is beautiful... makes me want an axe or hawk!

4. jball1125

jball1125

Aug 26, 2011
    Great job on the sheath dude.

5. leatherman

Nov 30, 2001
    Thank you! I made that one a while back, but the design took me forever to get it right, I came across all my test patterns today and there are a "few" :eek:
    Thank you! I really appreciate it. :D

6. leatherman

Nov 30, 2001
    Back up there to answer a question or two. :)

7. dericdesmond

dericdesmond Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 10, 2007
    And to tease me:(

8. leatherman

Nov 30, 2001
    Tell ya what, I'll get you a care package out asap, hawk cover, your kydex loaner, and a couple of Busse beer bottle coozies. :D

9. foxx

foxx

Sep 5, 2010
    Nice looking sheath, looks like a nice quick release, and quiet!!

Here's two pics of 3 of my hawks....Winkler Sayoc and Camp Axe, and an RMJ Jenny Wren.

287.jpg 288.jpg

10. leatherman

Nov 30, 2001
    Those are awesome!!!! Thanks for posting them!! Nice kydex work as well, the rigging really caught my eye. :)

11. foxx

foxx

Sep 5, 2010
    Dan's kydex is awesome, the felt linings cut out the noise. The elastic/bungee cord acts as a great keeper, and is also quiet. I have the Malice clip adapters on the Sayoc, they just attach to the snaps that Dan puts on his kydex.

Although I like Dan's work, I'm usually more of a leather guy. Most of my knives are in leather sheaths, a few in kydex. Your SW Crash sheath is like the leather version of those on my hawks. I love the double snaps on the retention strap, old school and stout!