1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Hello from Norway.. can someone help me identify these kvifes

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by Lennox, Aug 16, 2012.

1. Lennox

Lennox

Aug 16, 2012
    Hello guys this is my first post on this forum. I have used my mistress for 10 years but i am am new to collecting Busses. A few days ago i found some busse knifes for sale at a local store. The ovner of the store told me they had been in his store for about 10 years and that he was selling them for a friend.. He told me to make him a offer..but the prize on the knifes are much higher than new knifes.. so i am a bit puzzled, I know busses rise in value but here we are talking 3-4 times the cost of a sarge 7..
    I have tried to identify these knifes myself but with no luck so i hope some of you more seasoned hogs can help me identify them and give ma a estimated value

One of the blades are marked se and one is marked re the third blade is suposed to be marked sp but the tag is gone. and to add the ovner of the store says the markings might be mixed up too.

Hope someone can help me........... Len

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. David Brown

David Brown Kydex Sheath and Holster Artist :) Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jun 4, 2001
    Those all look to be SHE variants very nice knives.
    what were they marked in US dollars ?

3. Lennox

Lennox

Aug 16, 2012
    the top one has a crazy 3437 dollars on it
    the next one has a whopping 2535 dollars on it
    and the bottom one has a good 2500 on it as well..

more than 3 times custom shop knifes

4. mamun1024

mamun1024

Jan 31, 2011
    Yep, SHE variants. Nice knives but the price tag is :eek::eek::eek:

5. David Brown

David Brown Kydex Sheath and Holster Artist :) Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jun 4, 2001
    yep those prices are kind of nuts.

I would put them at 600 to 800 ea.

6. Hooker

Hooker Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 3, 2009
    At those prices, they should sit there for another 10 years.:eek:

7. Thomas Linton

Thomas Linton

Jun 16, 2003
    eBay is replete with "Buy It Now" items priced to sell only to the "sucker," which you are clearly not. ^___^

8. Lennox

Lennox

Aug 16, 2012
    I think i am going to offer him 1500 for all 3 kvifes and if he dont sell at that prize they can stay there for another 10 years..

9. BePrepared

BePrepared

Aug 26, 2010
    At those prices, you need to slap the seller and kick his dog...

that's just stupid. Those are 600-900 dollar knives

10. PeterPHWS

PeterPHWS Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 31, 2005
    Get the owner of the shop to log in here for a "reality check" ... there are lots of Europe based HOGS on here and NOBODY would pay those prices ... he is WAY over charging ...:thumbdn:

11. Lennox

Lennox

Aug 16, 2012
    Do you think 1500 for all 3 is a ok starting bid

12. UffDa

UffDa Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 11, 1999
    You have to consider that things like that may cost more in Europe. I have seen knives that I wouldn't pay more than $200 for posted for $600 to $1000
    by people in the UK, Germany and France. They must think that all Americans are rich and stupid. They may be half right. ;)

13. BePrepared

BePrepared

Aug 26, 2010
    I've got 1500 i'd mail him tonight for all 3, so yes

you can sell them for more than that if you're patient

14. mamun1024

mamun1024

Jan 31, 2011
    Please beware that questions regarding valuation of knives and collections are limited to those with a membership level which permits selling on this site.

See here.

15. Lennox

Lennox

Aug 16, 2012
    Norway is the most expensive country in europe but things like knifes and guns are not that expensive compared to the US .....but i pay 9,4 dollars pr gallon of gas...

16. Lennox

Lennox

Aug 16, 2012
    Sorry .. i will buy a memberhip today..

17. mamun1024

mamun1024

Jan 31, 2011
    no problem, figured you didn't know.

18. Lennox

Lennox

Aug 16, 2012
    I just got myself a 3 year gold membership ... this is a really good forum so i am happy to contribute

19. David Brown

Jun 4, 2001
    one other small thing to consider is that whoever got the knives first may have had to pay Tax on them.

so a 500.00 Busse may have cost the end user 750.00

1500.00 for all three of those would be a screaming deal.

2000.00 for all three or 700.00 ea. would be what I would expect them to go for on the exchange, fairly quickly

20. PeterPHWS

PeterPHWS Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 31, 2005
    Sometimes with shop owners like that it pays you to source a SH-E for $600 ... then take it in to him and offer to sell it for just $1000 ... then see how he moves on his prices if you want to buy the others ...:D

If he buys your knife at $400 profit ... find some more to sell him ... :thumbup: