1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Here's a Counterfit I haven't seen before..

Discussion in 'Buck Knives' started by DeSotoSky, Mar 12, 2012.

1. DeSotoSky

DeSotoSky Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 21, 2011
    Brought to us by our unethical friends in Guang Dong, China. Love the Phillips head screws & distressing around the screw holes.. "USA DESIGN"....?? Does that mean it's a rip off of a USA design?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 12, 2012
  2. Plumberdv

Plumberdv

Sep 26, 2008
    There were a ton of those listed a year or so ago and it looks like they're back. What does the listing say? Does it say the knife is a Buck?

3. DeSotoSky

Mar 21, 2011
    The Buck logo is on the sheath.
    The styling of the sheath is clearly a copy of a BUCK sheath.
    The listing is titled "BUCK Saber......."
    The text is...
    Package:
    1* BUCK Fixed Blade Fishing Tool Survival Camping Hunting knife F4
    1* Knife sheath (but no retailed box)

With stuff like this out there it's no wonder a lot of people think BUCK's are no longer a USA product.

4. Plumberdv

Plumberdv

Sep 26, 2008
  5. RonnieC

RonnieC

Oct 13, 2011
    That's a beauty. Nothing says quality like Philips head screws. I'm still saving up for one of the many $0.86 Buck Steel Clip Titanium Crossing Tactical Saber Line Lock Knife (k62)'s available. ;)

6. JAGcustomknives

JAGcustomknives Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 31, 2010
    Too bad theres not much anyone can do about this except report them to ebay. Hard to pursue a lawsuit I'd imagine. A shame it is tainting the Buck name.

7. DeSotoSky

Mar 21, 2011
    Dealer at a show a few months back had some 110's. To me one was clearly counterfit, you know the ones with the cardboard like sheath. I was examining it closely out of interest and the dealer told me it was an "International Buck".

8. BG42EDGE

BG42EDGE Banned

Nov 6, 2009
    Yes, we had several threads on that knife.

I actually found it kind of attractive due to its robust military style and good lines.

The Bay is flooded with fakes these days. I gave up complaining about them as Buck quit trying to do anything.

I have fine-tuned my Buck search to eliminate many things, including most of the fakes.

I just don't care to look at them anymore.

9. presz

presz Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 12, 2005
    The same site is selling this one too.
    [​IMG]

10. Diver

Diver

Feb 26, 2005
    If our government were to put the same amount effort into protecting US companies and the citizens of the US, from fraud, patent, and copyright infringement, that it does to protect us from grandmothers boarding airplanes............Well, you can't help but wonder.......

11. JAGcustomknives

JAGcustomknives Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 31, 2010
    Is this knife a fake? The bay is always flooded with them. How can they keep getting away with it?

12. BG42EDGE

BG42EDGE Banned

Nov 6, 2009
    Note the size of the box.

The flood started months ago. There are other similar ones as well.

I suspect that Buck just gave up due to the volume.

Let the buyer beware.

13. Mitch W.

Mitch W.

Aug 11, 2010
    Simple, They are sold from outside the US. Buck doesn't have alot of options when they sell them from China. The one that was selling them last year, however, was in New Jersey and BUCK went after him.

14. BG42EDGE

BG42EDGE Banned

Nov 6, 2009
    Buck can shut down any e-Bay auction of a fake Buck that's represented as a Buck because that's an e-Bay rules violation.

Like I said, I think they've given up because it's too much work for them to deal with it and it's not cost effective to expend the time.

Lean, mean profit machine.

:)

15. DeSotoSky

Mar 21, 2011
    But still, it's getting out of hand, I just did an eBay search for current auctions "Buck Knife" location China and got 241 hits.

16. BG42EDGE

BG42EDGE Banned

Nov 6, 2009
    It's not "getting" out of hand.....it's been out of hand for months.

It seems that Buck gave up on fighting it a while back.

17. meako

meako Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 4, 2006
    Does Buck get anything made in China?

18. BG42EDGE

BG42EDGE Banned

Nov 6, 2009
    Not much, probably less than ten percent by now.