1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Hiking Buddy love

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by TimberlineSpyder, Jun 15, 2017.

1. TimberlineSpyder

TimberlineSpyder Gold Member Gold Member

May 8, 2017
    Just got home & opened the Buckeye Burl Hiking Buddy that I sharked a couple FF's ago.

Just.....wow. I've seen a couple HB's before, but this is my first one. The rounded contours of the handle, subtle curves, just fit my hand like no other knife I've owned. Hard to pick a favorite Fiddleback, but right now this is it! The buckeye is so beautiful you would think it's one of those photo prints if you didn't know better. No wonder the Hiking Buddy is so popular.
    Thanks to all the gang at Fiddleback Forge for making such a beautiful piece of functional art!

Oh, & edited to say, let's see your beautiful Hiking Buddies!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
    Fiddleback, Bmurray, Wurrwulf and 4 others like this.
  2. Kal-El

Kal-El Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 30, 2010
    That is one superb Hiking Buddy! Love the Buckeye.
    The HB is one of my favorite Fiddleback models. It really is one of the great, multi-purpose profiles in the line up. As you've mentioned, it melts into my palm as well.
    At one point I owned six. I'm down to four at the moment.
    Here are my fav's. Pic taken about a year ago. (Sorry for the same ole' back drop Phil ;))
    The fourth is in one of my backpacks.

[​IMG]

3. NoRest

NoRest Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 27, 2015
    The Hiking Buddy was my first Fiddleback. Now I have a couple of those and numerous other models. You're right, it's hard to pick a favorite but the Hiking Buddy is definitely one of them. Yours is a beauty!

Last edited: Jun 30, 2017
  4. VANCE

VANCE Allen, I have an axe to grind with you. Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 13, 2006
    i have a couple of them....great knives!

5. Kalsu

Kalsu Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 26, 2010
    The Hiking Buddy is deffinetly one of my favorite Fiddleback models as well. I currently have three different examples. I also have a Bushraptor, which I kind of consider a Hiking Buddy since the handle profile is the same.

6. TimberlineSpyder

TimberlineSpyder Gold Member Gold Member

May 8, 2017
    Those are some beauties! Is it just perspective that make them look to be 3 different sizes?

7. Odaon

Odaon Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Nice 'Buddy! I'm still waiting for the right one in 3/32 to show up, but it's definitely an awesome model!

I gave my GF a production regrind that's quite nice as well. She likes the extra grip of the textured micarta.

8. Panthera tigris

Panthera tigris Sharpclaw / Apex Predator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 21, 2012
    It's because the log is tilted. Really funny and interesting photo trick.

9. Panthera tigris

Panthera tigris Sharpclaw / Apex Predator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 21, 2012
    I really like the Fiddleback Forge Hiking Buddy

[​IMG]

10. Bmurray

Bmurray Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 9, 2012
    My HB partner this week in Florida.

[​IMG]

11. Fiddleback

Fiddleback Knifemaker Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 19, 2005
    Nice pics. Love seeing yall enjoying your HB's

12. Kalsu

Kalsu Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 26, 2010
    [​IMG]

Bmurray and kmellino like this.
  13. 1jay

1jay Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 18, 2016
    [​IMG]

Bmurray, Nbrackett and Kal-El like this.
  14. Bmurray

Bmurray Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 9, 2012
    The hiking buddy is a must have in your collection or rotation. All five of us have one.

1jay likes this.
  15. pistonsandgears

pistonsandgears Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 12, 2011
    [​IMG]

Bmurray and 1jay like this.
  16. _Westy_

_Westy_

Dec 19, 2009
    I'm not sure mine can hang from a beauty standpoint but I absolutely love mine, most carried and used knife of all I own...

[​IMG]

Bmurray, Nbrackett and VANCE like this.
  17. VANCE

VANCE Allen, I have an axe to grind with you. Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 13, 2006
    that one is pretty "sharp" @_Westy_