1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Hold on to your knives

Discussion in 'JK Handmade Knives' started by fmendez, Apr 8, 2012.

1. fmendez

fmendez

Dec 20, 2007
    From the Boston globe
    Auction history was made last month. The james D. julia auction house of Fairfield Maine set a world record in their fire arms auction grossing nearly 18 million.
    One of the top sellers was a Bil Scagel Bowie style knife (only 2 known to have been made) it brought $45,425 and Scagel personal knife brought $41,300. All from the collection of Dr. James Lucie, Scgel personal physician and friend. All the 75 knives in the colection sold.
    I still plan to use my knives but wil give them tender loving care...

2. JK Knives

JK Knives Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 6, 2001
    That`s pretty cool!

3. grunt soldier

grunt soldier Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 4, 2009
    yeah that is some serious coin.

4. mqqn

mqqn Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 12, 2009
    Wow. I paid about that for my first new Corvette. Hard to imagine a knife being worth that, but I am sure there is a reason for the draw.

best

mqqn

5. outdoorsfan

outdoorsfan

Sep 30, 2009
    I think that is one of the most famous knife collections around. Very distinctive knives, beautiful lines and flow. Scagel was a true artist, I would love a chance to see one in person some day!

6. speedracer

speedracer

Apr 4, 2012
    Wowsers

7. JK Knives

JK Knives Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 6, 2001
    Scagel was the inspiration for Bo Randall to start making knives. You can see a resemblance in the early Randal knives.

8. fmendez

fmendez

Dec 20, 2007
  9. Mr. Night

Mr. Night

Mar 17, 2009
    thats a lot of money for a knife!