1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Hollow metal handle?

Discussion in 'Axe, Tomahawk, & Hatchet Forum' started by Square_peg, May 5, 2012.

1. Square_peg

Square_peg

Feb 1, 2012
    Did anyone else notice this axe on the bay?

It almost looks like the handle was intended as a socket for a long wooden handle. But that doesn't make sense with the nail puller notch in the head. Just a weird one. It'll make a fine novelty in someone's collection.

2. mitch8

mitch8

Oct 11, 2010
    Looks to me like it's just supposed to be used like that. The handle was probably less spread when first purchased. It was probably marketed as strong and lightweight. Ill see if I know any old timers that have seen something like this.

3. omniviking

omniviking

Feb 9, 2008
    That is the way those are made. I have seen a few around. the heads will loosen up after some use when the rivets wobble out the holes in the handle.