Holy BK20 Bundok Beckerman!

Called and spoke to Kristi and my BK 20 is on the way... So excited to get my hands on this one. Only $20 for the shipping for the total package... :thumbup:

I'm GLAD! I knew if you talked to them you'd get something worked out. They are good people that work there!

Man I want one, but I still havent even been able to buy a 21 yet. Money has been tight, and I moved twice in like 7 months. Blade show is coming up too and I have to set funds aside for that. Maybe I will snag one at Blade if they have em there. I had suspected that these might happen some time soonish but I had hoped for them to take a little longer ..lol They got really good at keeping things under wraps after the BK 21 took so long to actually be released. Cant say I blame them. The "Are we there yet?" calls and emails were likely enough to cause them to pull hair out.

I hope they make a standard model, would like to have one but don't need the other knives packaged with it since I already have them and at a $200 price tag it is a little high for just wanting the bowie only.

seeing as how the MSRP on the BK21 is $200.28 and "real world pricing" is around $150-160, I don't have a problem or even any surprise that the MSRP on the BK20 is $200. I also see the 2 free/bonus knives as a great way to get a jump start on my holiday shopping.

When Ethan puts it that way...I truly hope it's a success and many more are made. Any designer deserves the fruits of a successful product.

Being a consumer, I only wish these were numbered or otherwise designated in some way as to separate them from a standard production product. In the end though it doesn't matter much to me as I will make it my own. I have no plans to shelf this and wait for it to become a collector's item.

As for the "extras"... My opinion is that the intent is truly a freebie. Just look at the msrp of anything on the Ka-Bar site. We're buying straight from the manufacturer, individually shipped, not in bulk. This really is a steal of a deal on some serious blades.

I definitely had some disillusions at first as well and I can relate to those fans who may be a bit upset but try buying a BK21 from Ka-Bar... You'll pay more for just one piece. I think if they offered the 20 alone, it'd be the same price.

Please folks, try to see it that way. I believe that is the true intent, not just charging more to dump inventory. I even posted similar statements early on but have had a change of heart after processing everything since yesterday. I really hope the folks at Ka-Bar don't think they did wrong by releasing this the way they did. I feel they had their customers best interest in mind especially offering it as a presale before releasing to the public.

Oh man...... JUST as I was thinking abut getting another Becker knife. THIS comes around!

Called and spoke to Kristi and my BK 20 is on the way... So excited to get my hands on this one. Only $20 for the shipping for the total package... :thumbup:

Kristi is thuh shizzz man. Every time I email some random stupid question she's Jannie on the spot with an answer. Top notch fer sure!

Oh man...... JUST as I was thinking abut getting another Becker knife. THIS comes around!

Perfect timing, and a 3 for 1 deal!

E-mail said "only 450 sets available"... My assumption (maybe wrong) is that they are only making 450 of the BK20 and packaging them as set to move the backlog of BK 4's and 5's. But perhaps I'm wrong and there will be available by themselves later...doubtful (since it says "sprint run"), but possible.

email? EMAIL?

good lord. last to know again ;)

3 big knives for $200...

cro-van awesomeness

what's with the whinging?

i propose that if / when KaBar brings the bowie back (someday), it's going to cost $250 just for the bowie MSRP, with a street price of $199

:D

as usual with early offerings, risks, and such, KaBar is in the business of making money... someone is going to suggest the bowie is worth less than the $200 offered, because "it comes with free stuff" - well, KaBar does want that old stock gone, and it makes sense to move it as they can. even if it's at a loss.

early investers tend to help pay that along too. maybe it costs less later. maybe it costs more. maybe they never offer it again.

so, bleah bleah bleah, i want the bowie for $120. please. stop that. i want some bose quiet comfort 25 headphones for $100. not happening?!

Beckers are some of the best bang for the buck in performance and price.

big ass knife for a good price.

buy some already :D

I couldn't resist. Ordered mine just now. I agree that it's a pretty good deal, especially if you don't already have a BK4 or BK5.....which I do.....but I don't mind having extras! Three big Beckers for $200 shipped! What's not to like?

hey, sell the extras, hold onto the 20 for a month, flip it for 50% more monies.

people did that with the special edition BK10. not many complaints there :D

Seriously, I'm not getting the complaining. If I had the scratch, I'd be all over this. It's not like the 4 and 5 don't have resale value.

3 big knives for $200...

cro-van awesomeness

what's with the whinging?

i propose that if / when KaBar brings the bowie back (someday), it's going to cost $250 just for the bowie MSRP, with a street price of $199

:D

as usual with early offerings, risks, and such, KaBar is in the business of making money... someone is going to suggest the bowie is worth less than the $200 offered, because "it comes with free stuff" - well, KaBar does want that old stock gone, and it makes sense to move it as they can. even if it's at a loss.

early investers tend to help pay that along too. maybe it costs less later. maybe it costs more. maybe they never offer it again.

so, bleah bleah bleah, i want the bowie for $120. please. stop that. i want some bose quiet comfort 25 headphones for $100. not happening?!

Beckers are some of the best bang for the buck in performance and price.

big ass knife for a good price.

buy some already :D

Exactly this!!

People, stop bitching! This is an awesome deal!

If anyone has been around long enough they would know that things come and go. We are getting FREE with the BK20 a BK4 & BK5 all for $200 and that IS a great deal! Look at the specs of the 20. And think of the 4&5 and a free investment if you don't wasn't them. Just sit on them for a while and they will be worth more than what you're paying now. I've had a second and third 4&5 respectively in my shopping cart for a while waiting to pull the trigger. Was I going to use them? No. I was going to keep them pristine for collector value. Maybe flip or trade or just as backup.

Ethan makes amazing knives for an awesome value! We all know that!

So go buy a BK20 set!! If you don't want the other two, send them to me! I mean Bladite..

Seriously, I'm not getting the complaining. If I had the scratch, I'd be all over this. It's not like the 4 and 5 don't have resale value.

I know I'm confused too. I hope the mods are taking notes of who's complaining and revoking BH#!

I know I'm confused too. I hope the mods are taking notes of who's complaining and revoking BH#!

Really? The BK21 sells for around $130-$140, just seemed to me that the BK20 was a little high but how dare I question the price.
If that how it works, then have at it!

Really? The BK21 sells for around $130-$140, just seemed to me that the BK20 was a little high but how dare I question the price.
If that how it works, then have at it!
You wanna question the price? Alright lets break it down. You're looking street price vs MSRP. The 21's MSRP is $200.28 The 20's MSRP is $200. You are getting almost the IDENTICAL amount of steel as the 21, granted the 21 is 2 inches longer, but the 20 is .250" thick.

Still think it's high? Oh, then let's add in the 4, just for S&Gs. Now you're getting 2 knives, 1 the MSRP is $200, the other the MSRP is $144. So that brings the 21 to $200, and the 20/4 combo to $344.

Still think it's high? Oh, alright, then let's add in the 5 AS WELL! So now we have the 21 MSRP'ing at $200. We have the 20 MSRP'ing for $200, with the 4 MSRP'ing for $144, and the 5 MSRP'ing for $85, quick bit of math... carry the one... divide by zero... We get a total of $429 for the 3 knives.

BUT, INSTEAD of charging $429, plus shipping for each of the knives, Ka-bar made them a set, and sold them for THE SAME PRICE as the 21.

Just ordered mine. I can always count on forum members to convince me to buy more steel. For this I thank you. :thumbup:

This really is an awesome deal, kabar did not charge shipping! I'm going to gift the bk5 to my brother in law for Christmas who has been lusting after one of them and wanted a unused bk4 anyway so this really worked out well for me.

I'm sure this "limited edition" stuff is probably lies, but what do you do. Kinda deceiving, but I'm getting a 20 for sure! Would have been cool if they were numbered, but. I wanted this bitch so bad I was contemplating paying $200 just for the 20 when didn't realize a 4 and 5 came with it.:eek:
Have high hopes for it. Hey are these covered under KABARs warranty?

You wanna question the price? Alright lets break it down. You're looking street price vs MSRP. The 21's MSRP is $200.28 The 20's MSRP is $200. You are getting almost the IDENTICAL amount of steel as the 21, granted the 21 is 2 inches longer, but the 20 is .250" thick.
Yep.
Not interested in buying the other 2 knives at $30-35 each right now, so that point is moot to me.
Wouldn't mind having the Bowie but it is what is, a package deal, all or none.

Sorry for the glamour shots and crap photography skills gents. We WILL be getting lots of action shots this weekend.

Production BK20 worth the proto.

The big 3.

Back