Hot Off The Bench!

Awesome to hear. I wonder if it would be possible to get a Gun Hammer design with a slightly thicker handle. I managed to cut myself on my CLOSED knife; the back of the knife was just wide enough to let my finger in against the blade and nick me under the fingernail. :( Whatever, I still love it, and you have to get it just so in order to actually get cut.

Awesome to hear. I wonder if it would be possible to get a Gun Hammer design with a slightly thicker handle. I managed to cut myself on my CLOSED knife; the back of the knife was just wide enough to let my finger in against the blade and nick me under the fingernail. :( Whatever, I still love it, and you have to get it just so in order to actually get cut.

I'll definitely let Darrel know about that. However, that's the nature with open pillar constructed knives some times. My ZT 0350 was the same way when I owned one. I just taught myself not to place my finger in that position get nicked. I don't really hear too much about this issue, so I never brought it up with him directly, but after hearing about it again, I'll let him know.

He could quite possibly design future Gunhammers with a full length backspacer, which may mean he'd have to make the blades thinner depending on how it sits in the knife when closed (IE: changing the blade profile). He can alter the blade profile. He could also just grind down a bit of the blade right below the flipper tang which is the area I suspect you're describing.

I know my Gunny is the same way. I just never thought it was an issue to be honest.

Feedback is feedback. We'll take all we can get.

I don't REALLY think its an issue. But evidently it does happen once in a blue moon. I was more wondering if it might be possible when I get enough saved to order my custom from him.

I don't REALLY think its an issue. But evidently it does happen once in a blue moon. I was more wondering if it might be possible when I get enough saved to order my custom from him.

Oh custom, definitely. Custom means you can have parameters like that tweaked. They are all tailored to the individual customer's needs unless whatever custom Darrel is building is a set order for a finite number of pieces going to one of the dealers in his network in which case the dealer just orders them without further input.

Of course he'll gladly take care of an HTM if a customer so wishes to have something like that little sharp nub ground down a tad. It's just a request that's not frequent at all. I only know of one person that had that work done.

Oh custom, definitely. Custom means you can have parameters like that tweaked. They are all tailored to the individual customer's needs unless whatever custom Darrel is building is a set order for a finite number of pieces going to one of the dealers in his network in which case the dealer just orders them without further input.

Of course he'll gladly take care of an HTM if a customer so wishes to have something like that little sharp nub ground down a tad. It's just a request that's not frequent at all. I only know of one person that had that work done.

I'm excited about the prospect of ordering my first DR custom. Be prepared for a barrage of questions, Hark. :D

Few more!

374130_10150378645516765_607411764_8570683_2002392450_n.jpg

382730_10150378647806765_607411764_8570686_735424632_n.jpg

377484_10150378648246765_607411764_8570687_657937417_n.jpg

arrggghhhhh... my HEART!

Seriously. That's about the most perfect thing I've ever seen. Outside of my wife of course. Brings tears to my eyes though.

Yep. I love ETAC grip texturing as well, but mine will be an inlaid liner lock. I just have a thing for linerlocks. Plus, I don't use my knives anywhere near as hard as to feel like I need the added strength of a framelock. Mine will be stone washed titanium with a stone washed 4 inch non-recurved bowie blade in Elmax steel with something else I had Darrel cook up just for me.

I've only ever had 1 framelock. So I'm with bleed. I wonder if he can make a framelock like that out of damascus though, and ETAC it. That would be perfect for me. I have a feeling I'm gonna need like 10k to get mine built.

Yep. I love ETAC grip texturing as well, but mine will be an inlaid liner lock. I just have a thing for linerlocks. Plus, I don't use my knives anywhere near as hard as to feel like I need the added strength of a framelock. Mine will be stone washed titanium with a stone washed 4 inch non-recurved bowie blade in Elmax steel with something else I had Darrel cook up just for me.
Stop teasing us by not saying what the "something else" is!! :grumpy: ;)

I guess I just like being the first to maybe start a trend. Just think of it that way. :p

How about engraving? I wouldn't mind having my avatar engraved into the pommel of a knife. I tried to have that done for my griptilian, but nobody was able to do it, and I ended up making my own handle, and I don't have carving skills good enough for that. Yet.

I've only ever had 1 framelock. So I'm with bleed. I wonder if he can make a framelock like that out of damascus though, and ETAC it. That would be perfect for me. I have a feeling I'm gonna need like 10k to get mine built.
I've seen quite a few pictures of damascus-handled Madd Maxx framelocks, and based on the pictures of that Gunhammer posted a bit earlier on this page (damscus blade & handles, mother of pearl inlay -- the one that gave you a heart attack ;)) damascus handles can be ETAC'ed as well. So I don't see any reason why a Gunhammer with a damascus framelock plus ETAC would pose a problem. :)

Back