1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

how many micarta versions of the spyderco dyad c39 were made

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by cofade2black, Jul 12, 2012.

1. cofade2black

cofade2black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 16, 2009
    hey guys I have just perchased a spyderco dyad jr. with the micarta scales. the knife came brand new mint condition. I am hesitant on using it. I was wondering how rare and how many were produced? what do you guys think should I use it?
    thanks in advance
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. yablanowitz

yablanowitz

Apr 14, 2006
    I don't know how many were made, but I've lost three of them. I stopped carrying my remaining one for that reason. They are very handy little knives with a lot of cutting ability in a small package.

3. JD Spydo

JD Spydo

Nov 20, 2004
    You have the only Micarta handled C-39 Dyad Junior that they ever made to my knowledge. You are talking to probably 2 of the biggest Dyad fans Spyderco probably ever had. The guy that just chimed in before I did has been a fan of them as much as me ever since I've known him :D

I am more of a fan of the C-44 Dyad ( the full sized model). I've owned 12 of them according to my records and at one time I had 10 of then NIB in my footlocker.

I so much wish they would bring back the Micarta Dyad junior ( like the one you have) and the C-44 also. Even if they just did a Sprint Run of both of them they would sell out within a month without even trying. To me it is the very best outdoor and all purpose folder I've ever owned. I still use mine some and will probably be taking it on hunting trips with me this fall.

You really made good score getting the Micarta Dyad Junior. I haven't even seen one for sale in almost a year.

4. The Deacon

The Deacon

Apr 27, 2003
    Out of curiousity, what's the steel in yours? Mine is ATS-55 and its box is identical to yours.

5. yablanowitz

yablanowitz

Apr 14, 2006
    Mine have all been ATS-55 as well. And my C44 Dyad has fought off all contenders for my right front pocket for about five years now.

6. cofade2black

cofade2black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 16, 2009

Mine is ATS-55. I bought this knife to replace my Sebenza for edc. I had the frn sprint and used it for 2 days. The knife has a lot of cutting power. I wish they made these knives with a s90v steel. Also the blade the same length as the serrated. Maybe a texture to the micarta, carbon fiber would be cool. The knife is so far the most practical knife I ever owned. It would be nice with larger thumb holes. I think that if more people talk about this knife they will make more.