1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

How to start a new "conversation" or e-mail a user?

Discussion in 'Tech Support, General Q&A, Site Feedback & More' started by chiral.grolim, Jul 11, 2017.

1. chiral.grolim

chiral.grolim Universal Kydex Sheath Extension Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 2, 2008
    I seem to recall a simple icon/link under a user's avatar that allowed me to contact someone directly via BF or email, but I cannot seem to find it anymore... Help?

2. bhyde

bhyde UNNECESSARY EVIL Staff Member Super Mod Moderator Platinum Member

Mar 19, 2002
    Click on name or avatar,
    Select "send message"

3. thurin

thurin Wanderer Platinum Member

Dec 19, 2012
    You need to have a paid membership to have conversations.

chiral.grolim likes this.
  4. chiral.grolim

chiral.grolim Universal Kydex Sheath Extension Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 2, 2008
    Ha! My service provider membership must have expired without me noticing :p time to re-up!

5. madcap_magician

madcap_magician Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 27, 2005
    Irritatingly there doesn't seem to be an option to do this from a user's profile, it only seems to work from a post they have made.

6. benchwarmer380

benchwarmer380 Valyrian Member Platinum Member

Sep 17, 2012
    There is, you just got to dig a little.

When in someone's profile, click the Information tab. Under the Interact section you'll see "Conversation:" with a link to send message and start a convo.

madcap_magician likes this.