1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

I done did it!!

Discussion in 'Chris Reeve Knives' started by Mish_Mike, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Mish_Mike

Mish_Mike Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 7, 2017
    Well, I toiled – and I mean toiled – deciding which inlay I wanted to get. It seems like CRK rotates the types of woods used in their inlays, but the Box Elder Burl has stuck around for a few years? Maybe it's a classic? I don't know. I'm newly obsessed with knives, let alone Chris Reeve knives. You can see by the date that it's not a new knife, but it is certainly new to me, and I am extremely happy to have found this one on the secondary market. So, without further ado . . .

http://imgur.com/a/AHiix

Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
  2. bhyde

bhyde UNNECESSARY EVIL Moderator Platinum Member

Mar 19, 2002
    Not sure what that is, the link doesn't work

3. Mish_Mike

Mar 7, 2017
    Sorry, I'm working on it :/

***EDIT***

The upload keeps failing. Do I need to upgrade to Platinum to share the love?

4. bhyde

Mar 19, 2002
    Photo sharing site like imgur seems to work best with just a link. I don't upload for pics at all.

5. Mish_Mike

Mar 7, 2017
    Thanks, bhyde. I went ahead and signed up for imgur. Looks like the link is working. Anyway, enjoy....I hope.

6. bhyde

Mar 19, 2002
    Looks good!

Congrats!

7. davz45

davz45

Oct 31, 2010
    I have the same type wood/knife I absolutely love the combination very classy knife Sir!
    Dave

8. Ickythump

Ickythump Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 8, 2011
    Congrats!

Great choice..

:thumbup:

9. ganagati

ganagati Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 13, 2011
    [​IMG]

here ya go!

10. PaPrepper

PaPrepper Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 3, 2014
    Nice score!

11. fordmn1966

fordmn1966

Nov 22, 2014
    I have the exact same knife and it's one of my favorites!

12. blanco112

blanco112 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 1, 2016
    Very nice knife!

13. peterbright

peterbright Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jul 29, 2016
    Great choice...I have a Large and Small matching pair.

14. Mish_Mike

Mar 7, 2017
    I have a question, guys. Did you all sharpen your CRK knives right away? This little Sebenza isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer, quite literally. My Doug Ritter in m390 has a razor edge compared to this one. I'm sure this would affect its inherent value though, as I've seen over and over again people deliberately mentioning the edges of their knives not being sharpened in the Exchange forums.

15. SadSappySucker

SadSappySucker

Jul 20, 2014
    There is nothing wrong with collecting and preserving knives, but you can't truly appreciate what makes a sebenza great without using(and sharpening) it.

Beautiful knife by the way!

16. bart1

bart1 Gold Member Gold Member

May 24, 2009
    Retents are entitled to their opinions,Mine is: Sharpen it, carry it, use it... Just be smart about it.... NOTHING in the pocket with the knife, and rule #1 for me,,,, DO NOT LOAN IT FOR A SECOND.... carry a throw down or offer to cut for someone else!

17. blanco112

blanco112 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 1, 2016
    There are people who really care about whether you've sharpened your knife in terms of resale, especially on collector's pieces. If it's never been sharpened, yes you will get more money. If you really aren't sure you aren't going to keep it, just try stropping or using fine rods on a sharpmaker. But I think there is also an inherent expectation that if you own and use your knife it will need to be honed or resharpened. I certainly wouldn't condone having a dull knife because you are concerned about resale. Where I think you get into issues is reprofiling with a guided system.

18. Lone_Wolfe

Lone_Wolfe Dazed and Confused Platinum Member

May 3, 2011
    Nice one, congrats!

19. kgajewsky

kgajewsky Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 25, 2015
    I've found with Imgur that if you copy/paste the BBCode it will insert the picture here and not just a link to the pic....

[​IMG]

Very nice knife BTW. Very nice.

20. bhyde

Mar 19, 2002
    I think it matters how it was sharpened..at least to me.
    If you used something like a WE and increased the angle and made the edge wider than it would be from the factory...no dice. Removed alot of material for not alot of gain in my opinion. Usually, this shows in the pics.
    I have sold many knives that I have sharpened. I hand sharpen with either an 8" or 12" stone. Remove only enough to get it sharp, but maintain the edge thickness.
    It's cool that many can sharpen to that mirror finish and steep angle..It's got a cool factor that you can push cut tissue paper. It takes some skill, but it also takes away some of the value from what you are selling. I consider it a novelty that's useful to the person that did it.
    That's my opinion and I am sticking to it :p