1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.
  1. MTHall720

MTHall720

Sep 21, 2010
    ZT 0200 fits your price range and is hefty.

2. sogflash

sogflash

Aug 28, 2011
    benchmade adamas 275, it's big and heavy.

3. Leeble611

Leeble611

Sep 30, 2009
    cold steel xj voyager 5.5 inch blade can carry it and not worry bout it 55 bucks

4. sqchram

sqchram

Jun 22, 2012
    Cold Steel XL Espada G10 version

5. jimnolimit

jimnolimit

Oct 28, 2009
    benchmade 810

3.98" blade
    9.28" overall length
    will run you about $140

[​IMG]

spyderco military

4" blade
    9.5" overall length
    will run you about $130

[​IMG]

6. ONE MORE SET

ONE MORE SET

Sep 1, 2012
    Ontario-Hossum Retribution
    Spyderco-Military
    Benchmade-Rukus

7. singularity35

singularity35

Mar 1, 2010
    Where can I get a ruckus for less than $200?

8. TriviaMonster

TriviaMonster

Jan 2, 2012
    A Ruckus under 200 is a steal! Also, you can get a Benchmade Onslaught (4.3") for under 200. It's got a hole opener, AXIS lock and a nice thin edge grind so it will out cut just about everything in that size category. But, the 810 Contego is a force to be reckoned with. The overly textured grip and proud jimping are the only downsides. The CPM M4 at 62-64Hrc is just a monster. I figure edge retention is better than any BM or Spydie M390 blades. The 810 is also ground thin at the edge with a thick spine so it can cut and slice extremely well. Too be honest, not many knives out perform the Contego blade wise. The deep carry clip and glass breaker make it all the sweeter.

9. Bigfatts

Bigfatts

Mar 12, 2012
    Fox Deimos.

That's it with a Socom Elite, for a size reference:
    [​IMG]

Also available in a "tactical version" with black handles and blade. It's a big buttery smooth flipper.

10. markksr

markksr

Mar 15, 2007
    Good call! I have both of those except the Rukus but the Cold Steel Voyager is bigger by far. Pictured is the XL (the Voyager X2 is bigger still).

While the Retribution and the Military are without a doubt much better knives, when I hear "biggest knife" I still think of the XL Voyager right away...

[​IMG]

11. MrGlockJock25

MrGlockJock25

May 14, 2012
    I would say get a Spyderco Military Sprint.

12. HardTripper

HardTripper

Dec 13, 2010
    Spyderco Manix 2 XL, it has XL in the name...

13. yablanowitz

yablanowitz

Apr 14, 2006
    Opinel #13. 9" blade, 19 1/2" overall length open. If that isn't big enough, seek professional help.

[​IMG]

14. botdcypher

botdcypher

Aug 23, 2012
    +1 on Opinel #13

15. whetrock

whetrock

Nov 13, 2010
    If you want a more modern "tactical" folder I feel that you'd be hard pressed to find a better value in the sub-200 dollar range than the fred and true ZT200. It's quite large and probably the least sheeple friendly folder I own. Also it doesn't feature A/O but rather a flipper which gains points when Murphy's law is taken into consideration. It does have a recurve in it's blade profile and that may or may not enthuse you. Also the G-10 has a great texture to it that provides great traction, but can shred pockets (ok maybe not that drastic but still).

16. kniferbro

kniferbro

Jan 22, 2011
    710!!!!

17. Smokinape

Smokinape

Jan 21, 2011
    Cold Steel Raja II?

18. socalkid

socalkid

Apr 8, 2011
    Hello,

If you want something thats a great slicer and easy to carry every day then look at the Spyderco Military, Spyderco Police, Spyderco Manic XL, Spyderco Resilience, Benchmade 710, Cold Steel Recon 1, Cold Steel Hold Out 1 or 2. If you want more of a hard use blade that you can use as a club in a pinch check out Zero Tolerance zt200, Benchmade Adams, Cold Steel large Espada, Cold Steel Spartan, Fox Deimos. Ive been edcing my Military for about 2 months and it my favorite of them all. Its not a pry bar! It slices better then any large knife Ive used that I would consider a "tactical" blade. Take your time and figure out what your actually going to use the knife for before you buy it. Also think about how hard it will be to resale it just incase you dont like it. The larger the and heavier the knife the less likely I am to carry it.

Have a good one,

Chris

19. elchris123

elchris123

Apr 27, 2012
    just go to Cold Steel. They're inexpensive and actually quite a brute of a knife. I personally recommend the Spartan, but if you want really big, look at the Rajah II, as Smokinape said, or the XL Espada like sqchram suggested.

That Opinel is just ridiculous, its like something Id hang on the wall above the fire place =]