If Spyderco brought back the GB1 as a sprint, would you buy one?

Would you purchase a Gayle Bradley (GB1) Sprint Run

• Yes I would buy a GB1 sprint run

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • No, I would not be interested

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Not interested in a sprint and they went out of production so leave em that way..keeps the ones out there kinda cool and special.

They made a lot of the GB's over their 5 or 6 year lifespan so they are relatively easy to find if you really want one.

The GB2 is also a good knife but IMO very different than the GB...

Sign me up for a GB made in Colorado. I'd be all over that one. With some Blue micarta handles. M4 of coarse.

I can dream, can't I?

Interesting. I have a circa 2008 GB1 that I feel like doesn't hold an edge as well as the one I got in 2011, or the GB2 I got recently.

I'm always game for a harder blade though. I much prefer edge retention over toughness.

Microchipping maybe? I don't know. I have two of full liners version, one active duty, the other isn't yet used or anything.

Cody (OP),

Perhaps we will see the rare sprint run: exactly same as old production (because there's no improvement needed) ;)
About your poll, probably those who love GB1 likely have had backups so not needing another runs.

Last edited:
I still edc mine too, but would love another. The only thing that could change is the color. Other then that it's such a perfect knife.

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

It's actually one of the only knives I have a NIB back up of because I love the GB1. It's one of the best project/weekend warrior knives I've ever had.

I guess I'd be more interested in a GB3... bring back the choil!

25849465401_f7081f7506_h.jpg

Early solid liners where supposedly 64 RC. GB1 is unique & should be in the line up, maybe sales were dropping & the market was saturated w/GB1's.

a black DLC Bradley in CPM M4, with dark grey G10 scales would work for me.
I would buy one!

I just ordered one from knifeworks. After all the good things I've heard about the GB1 in this forum, I can't wait to put this knife to work and see what it can do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GB1 is one of my all time favorite EDCs. The GB2, while a nice knife, is not in the same league. I had a 2 and sold it. I carry a 1 and bought a spare. If they do a sprint run, I will buy one.

"The only knife I ever designed from
A purely utilitarian viewpoint". Gayle Bradley

Nice to see the "yes" votes are gaining a little ground on the "no" votes. The GB1 is not a knife that sells itself in pictures. Frankly, if I didn't love it, I'd call it butt-ugly. Why do I love it? Because I use it......and as they say, "to know her is to love her".

These videos have been shared before, but always worth another glance:

Bradley on the Bradley:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Qk0IxU-fuW4

"When you cut with it....that's when this knife is coming out to play...that is the glory of this knife": X4CTO:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_lL_B3t6jNI

Last edited:
Gb1 rules. It is just perfect the way it is. I like the thick liner lock alot. I have his Spyderco Air which is another neat little knife and is like the Gayle Bradley version of the Kiwi. I always liked the knife, never thought it was ugly.

I just ordered one from knifeworks. After all the good things I've heard about the GB1 in this forum, I can't wait to put this knife to work and see what it can do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's awesome. I'm sure your only negative thought will be "why didn't I do this years ago?"

So far, I am surprised there is not as much love for the GB1 as I thought there was. Interesting. Maybe it's only legendary in my mind, and those other 5 pollsters who know where it's at :thumbup: :)

Although the original Gayle Bradley was a nice knife, I didn't like it because it was too thick and heavy. I sold it. I now own the Gayle Bradley 2 and like it much better.

I have both. To me, the GB2 is a dress version of the GB1. Lighter, thinner, a little more delicate, but still a user.

Hard to improve on the GB1 for an all around tough work knife. Not sure it needs a sprint. Better idea is a GB3 of some sort.

Nothing wrong with my GB1. I have a NIB non-skeletonized one. I've used the skeletonized one extensively and it's been great. Holds a sharp edge for a long time. Isn't terrible to sharpen after an initial reprofile. Still waiting to get a GB2.

Back