I'm still hanging on... :)

Dadgummit!!! I nearly had this finished and then, Kaput, I had a blank sheet like I hadn't typed anything!!! :eek: :mad:

Oh well maybe The Powers That be didn't like what I had wrote... ;) :foot: Anyway as y'all can see y'all haven't got rid of me as yet. As for an update I'm now pretty much chained to my recliner but with a wait and see attitude. The back brace/corset my neurosurgeon ordered for me has literally saved my arse as far as keeping me mobile!!! He said I didn't have to wear it while I was in my recliner or the short trip to our bathroom and back but that didn't last too long when I tried it as I got to where I could hardly move but after putting the brace on and leaving it on I've been able to keep going. it isn't nearly as bad too sleep in it as it might seem but then I'm in my recliner and not a bed!!!:thumbup: One of our adopted kid's has one of those adjustable beds that she had for her biological dad that she's going to let us have, that is if I can sleep in it... My back is terribly choosy about the surface it wants to sleep on... :rolleyes:
I do have to say my pain management doctor has really stepped up to the plate and is doing his best to keep me comfortable... I'm scheduled for more back injections next Tuesday so we'll see if they help.
If not another back surgery may be my only recourse although I'm not sure what could be done if anything, but again - we'll see.
Hopefully I'll be able to get back where I'll be able to sell off a great deal of my khukuri collection as I'll not be able to use them again and after all they Are Meant To Be Used!!!:thumbup: :D

It sure seems the H.I. Cantina is awfully quiet these days, hopefully it's because of vacations and the like??? Hopefully it isn't because all of us old timers had more time on our hands besides being a lot more talkative whether we had anything to say or not. :rolleyes: :D

they're all out tweeting each other. or ipoding themselves.

stuff like that. Not legal in some states, I hear.

Hi Yvsa,

I'll go ahead and be talkative...I can't claim to be an old-time on this forum, but I've read a lot of the old posts and can apprecaite having a proper comfortable place to sleep. I hope the new bed hits the spot.

Best wishes.

Good to see you and hear everything is as well as can be, Edutsi !
I think i can speak for many here, in that we are glad you are hangin' on!
I think everyone is just out enjoying the summer while and when they can.

Good to see you post again. Glad something is giving you some relief. Hope the adjustable bed helps even more. Think about you often.

Frank

Thanks for the update, helps us keep you in our thoughts. The more I read the archives, the more I see how you are indeed a big part of HI. I don't know anyone else who has an HI knife named after them (well, apart from Karda ;) ). Best wishes for fast healing.

I don't know anyone else who has an HI knife named after them (well, apart from Karda ;) ).
Pen Knife = Pendentive aKa/ Dan Koster
Munk Chunk Cleaver = Munk
Bob White Bolo = Bob White
Uncle Bill Especiale = Uncle Bill
JKM-1 = James Mattis

Good to hear from you! And happy you're still hanging in there.

It's quiet in a lot of places, not just here. Times are tough and they take our focus away from the casual and toward the professional.

This, too, shall pass.

JKM-1 = James Mattis

KPH = Kismet Practical Hunter = Kismet [Fiddleback]

[[AKA "The Sarge Knife" -- thanks for the reminder, Karda!!]]

Last edited:
KPH = Kismet Practical Hunter = Kismet [Fiddleback]

:eek:...................how could i have forgotten that one !!!;facepalm;
Also known here as the sarge knife.......mebbe thats why.
At any rate, Thanks OP!

:eek:...................how could i have forgotten that one !!!;facepalm;
Also known here as the sarge knife.......mebbe thats why.
At any rate, Thanks OP!

You're welcome.

Got mine right here. Fine knife and it looks good, too!

And our thoughts are still with you ...

You may not be able to use them but you can still teach about them and pass them and their spirits on to others.

JKM-1 = James Mattis

There's also the Gelbu Special, the Ganga Ram Special, and the Foxy's Folly.

smoke and prayers -- i hope all the medical stuff works for the best

Hopefully it isn't because all of us old timers had more time on our hands besides being a lot more talkative whether we had anything to say or not. :rolleyes: :D

Well, you old timers sure helped me out. Every blade edge I own has a touch of Yvsa on it, and the wood on every one of my long guns shines with Walosi.

Good luck with that back. My wife had her spine whittled on recently but seems to be recovering well. When I have a sore back or trouble sleeping I favor a hammock myself and use an Eno Doublenest on a floor stand frequently. Knocks me out like a sleeping pill.

Yvsa, it's good to hear you are managing what you are able to. Hopefully all will come to a welcome conclusion. Also, next time try a ctrl-Z when things disappear, it often has saved my rear end in times of frustration generated by clumsy fingers on the keyboard. Make certain to do it first thing though!

Karda - you are forgetting my favorite HI blade my friend, the Rusty Sghian Dubh! How could you forget that handy little blade?

Jack

Back