1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Information from Instagram and Facebook!

Discussion in 'Survive! Knives' started by Silver Needle, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Silver Needle

Silver Needle Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 14, 2014
    Here is a link to the instagram page with all of the official SURVIVE! posts:
    https://www.instagram.com/surviveknives/

#surviveknives, y'all. This link gets you to official stuff, but also any instagram users who post a pic with hashtag for surviveknives:
    https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/surviveknives/

Getting links from the official SURVIVE! Facebook page should be easy, but anything in the private fan page may have to be paraphrased to protect privacy. More to come!

EDIT: I changed most of this post to make it more general and not focused just on the latest instagram post from SURVIVE! about patches.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2015
  2. Standard78

Standard78 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 25, 2015
    Awesome! I just ordered one of each!

3. Silver Needle

Jul 14, 2014
    I seriously should do this, but I want to see what goodies are in with my starters. I'll have to buy whatever I'm missing then!

4. verysimple

verysimple

Apr 4, 2012
    What is private fan page?

5. Texas_toothpick

Texas_toothpick

Apr 16, 2015
  6. Silver Needle

Jul 14, 2014
    The latest and greatest:

[​IMG]

7. dogboye

dogboye Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 23, 1999
    Da**! Now THAT is attention to detail. The more I see of this outfit, I gotta say, the more impressed I am. And I don't even have anything from them yet. Kinda makes me rethink some things I've posted earlier ...

8. xr650r

xr650r Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 10, 2015
    46 blades in that picture.............WHAT.........am I the only one that counted? :D

9. AmericanAsApple3.14

AmericanAsApple3.14 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 10, 2014
    Agree and good on Survive! - but gee wizz what a business. Guy - did you get any discount for the screw up or is this just one of those things that happens and you have to eat? Do other makers just let this kind of thing go without doing what you're having to do?

10. redwood22

redwood22 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 23, 2014
    If anyone wants to see a new 5.1 in green micarta in the wild....i suggest checking out the facebook fan page....

11. SURVIVE! Ellie

SURVIVE! Ellie Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 21, 2014
    [video]https://www.instagram.com/p/_mktI-Jbns/?taken-by=surviveknives[/video]

12. Texas_toothpick

Texas_toothpick

Apr 16, 2015
    For some reason the IG photos won't load for me as of late.

13. chiral.grolim

chiral.grolim Universal Kydex Sheath Extension Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 2, 2008
    Cool magic trick :cool:

Very much looking forward to getting one in hand :thumbup:

very much. much. *breathe* much.

14. redwood22

redwood22 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 23, 2014
    oh man, talk about getting excited, really glad i was able to jump on this when i did...

15. pjandyho

pjandyho Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 12, 2014
    Me too! Now I am so anxious to get mine.

16. Silver Needle

Jul 14, 2014
    Meh........ I guess it looks OK :D

Can't wait for more of these to get rolling, especially to forum members. Bring on the pics and reviews!

I've never been so anxious for January before!

17. hLHXWG

hLHXWG Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 2, 2008
    SURVIVE! Ellie, Greetings. Can you identify the handle material for the two GSO 5.1s? Are they Natural Brown Canvas and Black Linen?

18. Standard78

Standard78 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 25, 2015
    Wow that handle looks awesome!

19. SURVIVE! Ellie

SURVIVE! Ellie Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 21, 2014
    They are actually both canvas. I think the black was just oiled more recently.

20. hLHXWG

hLHXWG Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 2, 2008
    Cool - thank you! Looks worn in / broken in too, like the metal.