1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Insingo blade wider than drop point on 21?

Discussion in 'Chris Reeve Knives' started by minimize, Mar 16, 2017.

1. minimize

minimize Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Hi. I was curious to know if the blade of the Insingo is wider, from spine to edge. I love the 21 but wish aesthetically it had a wider blade and I am hoping the Insingo solves that small gripe. Thanks for any input.

2. 353

Feb 20, 2015
    I know the Inkosi has a wider blade(that's one of the reasons I like the 21 better :D).

May be worth checking out.

3. straitr

straitr

May 29, 2011
    Yes, the Insingo has a larger blade profile from spine to edge. Looking at pics of both knives in the closed position should give you an idea of just how much taller the Insingo is than the Regular 21.

4. aengina

aengina

Jul 25, 2010
    That's a bit of an optical illusion. They are practically the same width. It's almost the same blade shape in reverse. The insingo sticks out because of the edge not being as close to the back of the frame due to it's shape.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

5. Heirphoto

Heirphoto Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Jun 13, 2007
    I don't have calipers handy but a precision machinist scale shows my Inkosi blade is less than 1/32" wider than my Sebenza 21 if measured right at the thumb stud to the training end of the cutting edge. The Inkosi frame being skinnier makes the blade look wider than it is.

6. 353

Feb 20, 2015
    Good info, sure looks wide in pictures. Just looks kinda off to me, guess I would like the design to have more a narrow blade.

7. straitr

straitr

May 29, 2011

The regular's clip point blade doesn't have near the belly that would equal the insingo swedge line. While it's not a huge difference, the Insingo is clearly thicker (taller) at the tip than the standard 21 clip, and I think this is the aesthetic preference the OP is talking about. It's pretty visible in the below picture.

[​IMG]

8. Ajack60

Ajack60 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 21, 2013
    By the thumb stud, they're pretty much the same width. The Insingo mat be a tad wider, but not by much. Since the Insigno holds the width almost the full length, it appears to be wider.

The pics aren't very good, but it gives you an idea of the two blade styles.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. straitr

straitr

May 29, 2011
    The difference is far less than what it looks like, but I get what the OP is saying, and happen to like the Insingo shape for the same reasons. That reminds me, I really need one. :D

ETA: Spelling

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
  10. minimize

minimize Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Awesome. Thanks everyone for the opinions, discussion, and photos. Really appreciate it all. Looks like I'm just going to have to buy one and find out. Appreciate it again.

11. Heirphoto

Heirphoto Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Jun 13, 2007
    I'm sorry, I was thinking Inkosi, not Insingo when I read this. I do not have an Insingo 21 to measure. Please disregard my blunder. [emoji33]

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk