1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

interest in kukris

Discussion in 'Himalayan Imports' started by kdaytonh, May 26, 2012.

1. kdaytonh

kdaytonh

Nov 8, 2011
    i had posted an ang khola for trade and offered it as a trade on other knives. there is little interest, except for one fella that must have been hosed on trades, we were unable to work out incidental details-shipping, etc.
    does every knife enthusiast already have a bunch of these? i bought a cheapie to actually use, and have 2 other h.i products as well, both are "users", a horn handled badahur? and a little kuk.
    in the greater knife community, does the kukri have little value?

also, can h.i. be persuaded to make a seax run?

2. leebrewer

leebrewer Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 21, 2008
    If you tell the traders it is an art piece that you dont want to use or offer it to someone who is asking for something else, what usually happens is you wont get much interest. But if you upgrade your membership and put it for sale in the Individual for sale, Productions sub-forum, you may find interest. A pre-UB initials, Bura made AK will sell pretty quick. If that is what you have? It's hard to tell from the pics.

3. kdaytonh

kdaytonh

Nov 8, 2011
    uncle bill was still around when i got this one, unsure of maker.
    thanks

4. sweetcostarica

sweetcostarica Banned BANNED

Jan 18, 2012
    I find that when you take a couple of really good pictures and talk about the features it works out. Using eBay works well too.
    The demand for Kukris is high but a lot of people have no idea what a real Khukuri is. Many KLOs (Cold Steel, Kabar, made in China types) are out there that work well for certain things and cost much less than a real Khukuri.

As long as you have set a reasonable price to the consumer (not what you put into it), you can sell anything.
    Summer is coming so the Kukri is in demand for family camping, hiking, etc. Keep trying and you will sell it.

5. leebrewer

leebrewer Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 21, 2008
    Let the people here see the pics you have from your trading post awhile back. Looks like a Bura to me. The pics weren't very close, but I'm sure someone here can blowem up. It'll get snagged quick. I've already read everything you said about it in your previous posts.

6. kdaytonh

kdaytonh

Nov 8, 2011
    thanks, will repost with better pics soon i hope

7. sweetcostarica

sweetcostarica Banned BANNED

Jan 18, 2012
    Yes!
    winning_ant.jpg
    Never give up.

8. kdaytonh

kdaytonh

Nov 8, 2011
    bura is the maker, have better pics to uplaod and looked it up in forum.
    thanks