1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Iodine: Tablets vs Drops

Discussion in 'Outdoor Gear, Survival Equipment & More' started by oguruma, Jun 1, 2013.

1. oguruma

oguruma

Jan 3, 2010
    I am looking to add some iodine to a survival kit/BoB. I want it to serve three purposes (water purification, skin antiseptic, thyroid protection).

Anybody have any input as to which would be the best for this? I considered getting a 2% solution and keeping some of that. The 2% solution can be used as a skin antiseptic (as is intended), and from what I have heard about 5 drops treats 1 quarter of questionable water. I don't know, however what the amount to be ingested would be to block radioactive iodine.

2. Call_to_Arms

Call_to_Arms

Apr 13, 2011
    Sorry bro, no idea about the radiation. I use the drops, 5 in a quart/litre of clear water, 10 drops in cloudy water. Big plus for the drops, 2.99$ at the pharmacy!

3. oguruma

oguruma

Jan 3, 2010
    Thanks for the input. What solution of Iodine is it? 2%?