Izula Wrap

To wrap or not to wrap that is the question! I just got my Izula in OD green today. The other dilemma I face is what color. What a great knife! My other problem is that I think I want a HEST knife as well!

I just received my Izula in the mail this afternoon, and I decided to try some of JoeyB's wraping methods shown above. I wanted something unique so I chose a 72" boot lace for my wrap. I usually have plenty of 550 cord in the field with me, as it is, and it sucks having a broken bootlace. Given this thinner cordage, JoeyB's first wrap left large gaps showing on the handle, but the last wrap turned out great. This wrap looks good, but turns out to be deceptivly simple. Thanks JoeyB for the above tips on wrapping.

Picture723.jpg

Last edited:
Yea, I'm getting my first Izula in the mail this week.
Looking at as many wraps as possible in preperation for the big day!

Got my Izula today and did wrap #3-Thanks Joey !!! :D
Sorry don't know how to do pics-used a crayon and drew it on the monitor but I don't know where it went after I hit submit. :p

Yuo've got some great wrapping skills! I'll have to try and figure out how you did those by the pics and give it a try. Nice job! I like the last one the best.

Hi,

I have read somewhere, it's better to wet the cord before to wrap it, then it would be more tight when dry...
For a leather cord, why not but for paracord ?
Any advice ?

cheers
Nemo

Hi,

I have read somewhere, it's better to wet the cord before to wrap it, then it would be more tight when dry...
For a leather cord, why not but for paracord ?
Any advice ?

cheers
Nemo

Yeah man same goes for paracord, maybe not a good idea if your knife has bare metal due to rust problems. Its alright if you got a coating tho.
Sp00kedd

Good to know thank you ! :)
The Izula is well coated... I will try to see how long I can keep my wrapped handle clean...on of these days...
But first I need to rewrap Robert Crisswell's Barracuda !
Cheers
Nemo

IZULA_nemo3.jpg

This is my paracord wrapped duo. The Izula and my good old Crisswell Barracuda.
Perfect team !

cheers
Nemo

I'm going to have to get several more izulas so I can have one wrapped each way.

I really like the thicker wrap, I need to get some more paracord and I'm gonna lace mine up that way. Should be a nice beefy grip and will give me more cord on the handle should I ever need to use it.

Thanks for sharing.

Back