1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.
  3. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

Jason Taber Antique Ivory Westinghouse Outsider, Tidioute 92 Talon, OD Green Mudbug

Discussion in 'For Sale: Traditionals, Slipjoints, "Old Timey"' started by Crossdraw, Mar 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crossdraw

Crossdraw ~~ Rob ~ Platinum Member ~ USAF Retired ~~ Platinum Member

Oct 13, 2013

IF I HAVE DONE BUSINESS WITH YOU BEFORE, TAKE $50 OFF THE JASON TABER, AND $10 OFF THE OTHER TWO GEC KNIVES.

First "I'll take _____," followed by immediate PM and payment via PP Goods/Services. No international shipping... sorry.

JASON TABER OUTSIDER (NATIVE) #2 in ANTIQUE IVORY WESTINGHOUSE MICARTA

SOLD I cover PayPal fees and shipping via Priority Mail, Insured, with Signature Confirmation. Any questions, please ask. I'll be happy to answer them.

Jason Taber is a meticulous and phenomenally gifted knife maker. His fit and finish are top-tier. Look at these pictures and it is clear you are looking at an exceptional piece of custom craftsmanship. Flawless in every way. Pictures don't do this one justice, especially the warmth and timeless beauty of the antique Westinghouse covers.

I am the original owner, purchased from one of Jason's dealers. This knife has only been photographed and fondled... gently :) Never carried, used to cut, etc. Dead center blade, perfectly flush in all three positions (with half-stop), super-smooth, solid (zero blade play), nice pull, and superb snap.

This Outsider has Antique Ivory Westinghouse Micarta covers (absolutely authentic), immaculate fluted bolsters, and a wicked sharp, beautiful hand-rubbed ATS-34 blade with precise swedges. Closed length is 3.75". Mark side blade shows "J.Taber," and pile side is marked "2". BTW, Jason typically keeps number "1" of each pattern for his personal collection of his own work.

Buyer will receive Jason's COA, signed 11/2/16, for this knife. I cannot find any marks/defects on this knife... it's superb in every way. Excuse any dust on this knife in these pics.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Next up, both of these are new and unused; however, I am second owner on each. Both have original factory edge and have the very slight manufacture/handling marks that all GECs come with. Both are solid with zero blade play, and have centered blades.

Prices are what I paid, plus shipping. Prices include PayPal fees and Priority Mail to US addresses only.

SOLD - #922114BE GEC Tidioute Goldenrod Jigged Bone Spearpoint Talon comes new in original tube. A perfect example of this pattern and blade combo.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

WITHDRAWN - #1LB117 Smith & Sons OD Green Micarta Mudbug comes new in original box with Smith & Sons card and unused leather lanyard (I do not have the little chamois cloth it came with). Bank-vault solid action.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Trades considered only for the knives in my signature. If you have any questions, please PM me. Thanks for looking!

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
  2. joker354

joker354 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 2, 1999
    I'll take the Taber.

3. Acl1986

Acl1986 Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 22, 2016
    I'll take the Talon

4. blumnie

blumnie

Sep 29, 2012
    Crap on a cracker, I'll assume Canada is international? Been on the hunt for a mudbug for awhile and in the OD no less!

5. Crossdraw

Oct 13, 2013
    blumnie, sorry. The last time I sent a knife to Canada, it sat in the Canadian Post for 4 months in customs. It was not a good experience. Sorry.

6. Crossdraw

Oct 13, 2013
    Acl1986... haven't received any message/email from you.

7. Crossdraw

Oct 13, 2013
    joker354... Eric, it's yours... I sent you a PM. Thanks!

8. Crossdraw

Oct 13, 2013
    Jason Taber is now SOLD to joker354

9. Acl1986

Acl1986 Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 22, 2016
    Sent you a pm on the talon asking for PP address :)

10. Crossdraw

Oct 13, 2013
    Acl1986... email and PayPal are the same: rlharris1971 (at) gmail.com. Thanks.

11. Crossdraw

Oct 13, 2013
    Acl1986... sent you an email. Haven't seen anything in reply yet.

12. thelias

thelias

Dec 21, 2015
    Seconds on the talon

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

13. blumnie

blumnie

Sep 29, 2012
    No worries man, I understand! I'll snag one someday. Cheers!

14. Crossdraw

Oct 13, 2013
    Thanks thelias. Sent you a reply to your email. It's yours.

15. Crossdraw

Oct 13, 2013
    Talon SOLD to thelias. Thank you!

16. Crossdraw

Oct 13, 2013
    Thanks everyone! Sale thread closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.