1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.
  3. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

Jerome Anders MS Custom Forged Integral Ironwood Kitchen/Field Utility knives

Discussion in 'For Sale: Custom Knives (Individual)' started by arden.ferris, Mar 18, 2017.

1. arden.ferris

arden.ferris Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 7, 2006
    Jerome Anders MS Custom Forged Integral Ironwood Kitchen/Utility knives

This is a really nice set of kitchen/utility made by Mastersmith Jerome Anders. I had these made to order for me and just haven’t used them. I originally paid $450 each but am willing to let them go for a fraction of the cost. I would like to sell them as a set but will consider breaking the set up. Dimensions are as follows in top to bottom order.

$900 $850 FOR THE SET

1. 4” blade; 8 ½ overall.
    2. 6 ¼ “ Blade; 10 ¾” overall
    3. 5 ¾ blade; 10 ½” overall.

I am not sure of the steel but the ironwood is really nice, and the blade and sheath are well made, nice grinds and sharp. I have never used them and they have just sat in storage. They are in really good shape, never used or sharpened. There is a teeny bit of patina on the blades mostly near the handle but I am sure that could be rubbed off pretty easy with some metal polish like Wenol.
    A little about Jerome:
    Jerome started making knives in 2000. He has hunted and fished all of his life and for a period of time was a professional hunting guide. When speaking of his career change, he says "The reason that I make knives is because I enjoy the challenge of taking raw materials and making a useful tool." Having used such tools for most of his life, Jerome is certainly qualified to know what makes a hunting knife great.
    Jerome received his journeyman stamp in May 2002. Two years later, in 2004, he made history when he was awarded his Master Smith ranking - he and his father David then became the first ever father and son members of the American Bladesmith Society.
    Jerome is an excellent knifemaker in his own right and is the primary contributor to Quillion of Quality, an instructional DVD for those aspiring to pass the ABS Quillion test.

IMG_4815 (800x534).jpg IMG_5014 (800x534).jpg IMG_4816 (800x534) (2).jpg IMG_4818 (800x534).jpg IMG_4817 (800x534).jpg

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
  2. Jimdo

Jimdo Gold Member Gold Member

May 26, 2005
    Steel ?

3. arden.ferris

Dec 7, 2006
    sorry, I don't know

4. arden.ferris

Dec 7, 2006