1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

john primble 8ot

Discussion in 'Schrade Knives Collectors Forum' started by willis, Nov 24, 2016.

1. willis

willis

Apr 14, 2002
    [​IMG]o 935 on other side...any info on this?

2. koldgold

koldgold Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 2, 2010
    Your knife is a Schrade made "Old Timer" knife, made for Belknap Hardware, before or about 1973.
    The reverse side should be stamped 935. I have a number of these knives, some Mint and some NIB... Ken

Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
  3. willis

willis

Apr 14, 2002
    Any ideas on the lack of 935 stamped on other side of tang?

4. koldgold

Jul 2, 2010
    I am sorry, I am confused regarding your question.
    Is your knife stamped 935 on the reverse side of the tang stamp ? ["Pile Side" or Back Side]
    [​IMG]
    This is a John Primble 935 and a 933. There was no John Primble 8OTs made.
    [​IMG]
    Schrade made a number of knives for Belknap Hardware. This knife was also made by Schrade
    [​IMG]
    These two knives came in this envelope, showing date, cost and salesman's name [In 1973]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
  5. willis

willis

Apr 14, 2002
    No stamp at all it is blank,there is no 935 anywhere on this knife.

6. koldgold

Jul 2, 2010
    All the 935s I have seen, have a faintly stamped tang - and the pile side, is heavily stamped 935.

7. willis

willis

Apr 14, 2002
    When i got it i researched it and all info i found said exactly what you have said but since this one has no 935 stamped anywhere on the knife i just was curious hence my original post.well now you know there is at least one of these knives that has this lack of a 935 stamped on the blade.thanks for responding and looking at my op the the first word was spoda be no but the n was missing

8. willis

willis

Apr 14, 2002
    [​IMG][​IMG]

9. willis

willis

Apr 14, 2002
    [​IMG]

Primble on right