1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

just curious. has the victim returned?

Discussion in 'JK Handmade Knives' started by grunt soldier, Jul 1, 2012.

1. grunt soldier

grunt soldier Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 4, 2009
    I know he said it had taken some damage but that was a while ago. any updates on this little bad boy? I been checking all the places a review would go and nada?

2. JK Knives

JK Knives Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 6, 2001
    The last I heard was that the handles had broken off from throwing it, and it had some chunks out of the edge from attempting to baton it through a 1/2" diameter lag bolt. I told outdoorsfan to post pics, but nothing yet.

3. outdoorsfan

outdoorsfan

Sep 30, 2009
    It suffered an orgy of violence this weekend.......I just kept thinking f&%*&?! poolboy!

Sorry I have been kind of slow with this.

4. mqqn

mqqn Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 12, 2009
    Yup - It is still out there being abused - I see Sean has posted some pictures today -

No worries - the viKtim has still not succumbed to any violence - it shows battle scars, but has not been broken.

Scales are just window dressing, and even they withstood way more abuse that expected, and John and I were discussing this; He did not attach the scales in the same way he would for a production knife so customers can reasonably expect that their knives would hold up even better than the viKtim in terms of the scales.

I am very impressed (but not really surprised) at how well Mr. K's 01 steel holds up, and I am anxious to do a post-mortem on him when he arrives back at the compound in the cornfield.

best

mqqn

5. mykel m

mykel m Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 11, 2009
    Hehheh,hehheh,he said orgy hehheh.
    Sorry,couldn't help myself.........lol.

I'd say the victim held up way beyond expected & I look forward to getting mine.
    I'm surprised the scales didn't split,crack & fall off a long time ago with all the abuse they took.
    Thats what I would call last resort abuse & now we all know for sure just what a JK built knife can withstand.
    Thanks to all the testers that tried,but failed to break the sprit of the ViKtim!He's one tough son of a gun.